We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

Picked up the telephone 30 mins ago and had this man chatting away to me.

Attached below is part of the email. I am not going to part with any money but just wanted to know if this was a scam or not?

Email: info@theultimateholidaypackage.co.uk

..............................................................................................................

"Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to listen to our VIP travel advisor explaining further benefits you will receive through becoming an Ultimate Holiday Package VIP Premium Package holder.

The Ultimate Holiday Package have been providing holiday packages for almost ten years now and are very proud of the fact that we have shown over 30,000 families a better way to travel. Our company formulated the VIP Premium Package for our loyal clientele. We wanted to offer a package that provided clients with the highest standard of accommodation with the majority of our resorts being of a 4* and 5* standard.

As a VIP client you will also receive further benefits when you travel to a resort or hotel. These benefits are provided by the VIP resorts we work with and may include a day in a spa or a VIP transfer to and from the resort to breakfast included for all the family. Rest assured the VIP package has something for everyone!!

The VIP premium package provides clients with 3 separate weeks of luxury accommodation. The week can be used in any of our resorts within our resort directory.

The VIP Premium package is yours, subject to a one off fee of just £ 438 Vat inc, "

It goes on and on with pics and hols to look at they have thrown in City breaks. It sounds too good to be true.

Many thanks

Gemma

Edited: 28 December 2011, 10:00
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,479 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

Very impressive-a stranger phones you

asks for your credit card details

and you are asking if it is a scam ?

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

He didn't ask me for my credit card details I wouldn't have given them to him in any case.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this particular website and or the pushy sales team.

I can see why some get carried away by this - and I feel it is always best to ask the Forum and this brings me back to the real world of reality.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply even though you must think I am gullible.

Regards

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,479 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

I do not think you are gullible -you at least stopped -thought -and posted here

If you read some of the other posts on this forum you will see that many people did not ! (think that is ! )

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

Thanks.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

It sounds too good to be true.

Then perhaps it is.

Durham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

Had a similar call 2 days ago. Had another call this morning adding a 7 day cruise (only pay for alcohol) plus a 7 day stay in an all inclusive 5 star hotel in Florida to the package - a city break & 4 weeks hols for £499. This is to use up unused timeshare accommodation.

7. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 December 2011, 17:05
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

Sorry DoorManNeil, this sounds like a sales pitch which is not permitted on Trip Advisor!

cannock
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

sorry if you think that but it isnt i was just trying to explain the way that UHP work.

10. Re: Help - The Ultimate Holiday Package is this a scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 January 2012, 12:05