We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simedia RE problem rentals

Jordan
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Simedia RE problem rentals

SimediaRE. This post is a brief overview of our experience with Simedia RE. It is intended to reveal Simedia RE as a bait-and-switch scam at best, and as an all-out fraud at worst. I am looking for any information or comments- agreeing or not- about this company, as I still look forward to recovering my money.

My family had 2 reservations with Simedia- both in Paris, and both in the first week of January, 2012. I booked one apartment for my family of 5, and my father-in-law booked another for he and his wife. We found both of these online using Flipkey. Flipkey tells me they have removed all postings for Simedia RE and it’s alleged properties, and will no longer conduct business with them.

The first reservation was for an apartment in the first arrondissment of Paris. After a long and painful email exchange, I wired the full amount to a bank account in Milan, Italy. 2 days before we arrived in Paris we received an email telling us we had been re-located to a similar apartment. It was not an apartment but rather a hotel, and Simedia no longer answers our emails or phone calls.

That story pales in comparison to my father-in-law’s. He also wired the money directly. He was never contacted again, and upon arriving in Paris, discovered there was no such apartment in existence. This is correct: they left a 75 year-old couple on the street in Paris, middle of winter, no contact information or contact person, after taking their money the week before. This, for me, describes perfectly the kind of person/people we’re dealing with, no matter WHAT their story is after the fact.

Any questions about Simedia or it’s owners, feel free to email me at mtodell@msn.com.

Darwin, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

We have booked and transferred money to Simediare for Dam Apartment in Amsterdam. Having paid our money we have not received a contract to confirm the accommodation and can now not communicate with the Company. My credit card was also used illegally after being provided to Simediare - fortunately this was picked up by the Company it was used with so no damage was done and the credit card is now cut up!

We fear we will have no accommodation when we get to Amsterdam in May. What action has anyone taken to get the Company checked out in Milan do they actually exist at the Street Address given on the web site.

Jordan
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

Simedia RE is a fraudulent operation. They have been removed from all of the booking/broker websites that I am aware they were using, however their primary website continues to operate. They have stolen money from me and my family also. The address in Milan does exist, however the phones are all cellular... I don't believe that actually work from there. I'll be in Milan checking this out in a couple of weeks (hopefully), and if you'd like to contact me at mtodell@msn.com we can share information and I'll add you to the list of people I'm following up for (over 10 so far) that have credible complaints/information for use. Sorry you got sucked into this-

Michael

Milan, Italy
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

Honestly I find it abhorrent that LonelyPlanet or sites such as TripAdvisor, allow its users to post personal attacks of this kind.

Dear Sir Chinashark, in light of the facts here the only criminal who commits a crime in the light of the sun is her. She's insulting and slandering a company SimediaRE on a public site with great mass distribution, without the company's knowledge and can defend themselves. This behavior, if contested in front of the authorities and sued, can cost you and LonelyPlanet, many thousands of dollars.

If she was right, had to shut up and sue the company, from which he said has been wrong.

The profile is clearly that of the stalker, an insecure and troubled, are numerous posts attack against SiMedia RE on Flipkey, LonelyPlanet Tripadvisor, Fodors, Ripoffreport, where evil intent is signed Chinashark and leave a contact email mtodell@msn.com, which is easy to see that you can call Michael Thomas O'Dell.

The insult and defamation are criminal offenses, where there will not only damages for pain and suffering, but also imprisonment.

In front of many people is vilified so much more serious the offense.

Furthermore I would like to point out as TripAdvisor and other sites to adopt a purely political party and popular, allowing its users to post any feedbeck on a specific hotel or apartment, which has not even the right of reply or turn evaluate the education and the creditworthiness of customers, as opposed to serious sites such as Ebay.

There are often cases of customers who make reservations believing it is not real because they are made through internet, or in other cases where, after having made a reservation would cancel it for some problems, but the policy of reservation can not allow a refund, or even after paying The first payment will not have the money to pay the balance after some time, where other cases to make a reservation you must provide a credit card and some prepaid customers enter without money, incomplete or even wrong voluntarily.

I just want to put myself in the impartiality, and also on the part of companies like SiMedia RE work through internet, with credit cards and secure payment systems like PayPal, and with reservations are confirmed and unpaid bills, are exposed not only to business risks, but also of fraud by unscrupulous customers it moral ethics.

In addition to the offenses and the media pillory to which these firms are exposed, without any right of reply on the sites of mass diffusion, visited by millions every day presone as TripAdvisor, which grant their users the ability to publish anything without censored moderation, most often without the knowledge of the company in question.

Lawyer

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

Huh??

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

I hope Simedia Re is not paying this overblown 'lawyer" by the word.. what a pompous piece of uselessness he is..

Silly ,really ,that he thinks anyone is imtimidated by his hot ( and verbose ) air!

If I ever wondered whether to do business with that firm , he has surely convinced me not to.

Jordan
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

this comical 'lawyer' post is (I believe) a friend of the Simedia peeps, or possibly on of them in person. The same poorly translated note is following my campaign to alert travelers about them. Fairly obvious, where it's coming from. Simedia RE, BTW, has abandoned it's site (simediare.com) and I'm sure they will pop up elsewhere. I have two of the primary's names, some outdated bank info, and some assorted data from Milan... I'll keep hunting! As always, my contact info is available and I encourage any and all who are interested in this topic to contact me. Which, BTW... this 'lawyer' has never done!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

I see now that the exact same "lawyer rant" is copy/posted word for word everywhere on the internet where a complaint about this firm is posted (and the complaints are numerous on a number of websites)

I guess the poor fool feels the response is such a masterpiece that he feels it suits every occasion... just a real laugh IMO , until you think of all the unfortunate custoners the company has...

Anyone who would engage this firm after seeing the posts- and especially the worthless response -certainly has had sufficient warning to avoid that firm- at least I hope so- who would want to do busijness with such an individual?

Jordan
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

Lulutoo- exactly. As you mentioned, it's a shame for all of their 'customers' (victims!) but it's a live and learn world.... I certainly did/have!

9. Re: Simedia RE problem rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2013, 05:28