We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

Are they trustful? Are they legal?

117 replies to this topic
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,388 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

Same model as Fly luxury for less and Alfa Flight Guru. They buy people unwanted frequent flyer miles to buy flight tickets.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,854 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

Places that sell tickets on purchased miles breach the contract on most of these programs and so the tickets are inherently unsafe.

On the Air Travel forum you can get chapter and verse on how software deployed in the last two years has massively increased the catch and cancel rate on these tickets, including those indicating the cancel occurred half way through the trip.

Any such thread usually attracts a slew of posts say 'I was OK' and it's not really dodgy it's just the airlines don't like it but strangely enough so far laws stick to accepting the airlines T&Cs as reasonable

Edited: 04 February 2017, 08:20
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

Tks a lot, Myrm!

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,388 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

Often the headline discounts are because they book you on a different fare class ( with a few more restrictions) than the full are open ended ticket. Singapore airlines may want £9K for a suites round ticket from London to Singapore from their website, but if you pop into a travel agent they can get you in the same suites seat on different fare bucket for £5k.

Foster City...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
5. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

Did the airline honor your ticket

London
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

Whose ticket?

Saltwood, England
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

I don’t have a ticket.

Fred

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
100 reviews
8. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

I have had a lot of issues with them. I requested quotes for two tickets which we then agreed to proceed with. After giving them all of my details including credit card details, I received an email invoice via Paypal to make a payment to a merchant who I had never heard of. I checked with FCDA whether this was legitimate, and they confirmed and asked me to go ahead and make the Paypal payment. Following that, they sent me the confirmed tickets and itinerary, and all was fine. Shortly after, FCDA asked me to contact my bank and police and claim that the Paypal merchant had committed fraud against me, so that I could get a refund. They claimed that the merchant that they had asked me to pay via Paypal had not paid them. I refused to as no fraudulent action had taken place and it would be unethical and untrue to make such reports. I had made the payment as per their instructions and the goods were then delivered (tickets booked). FCDA insisted many times (and in writing) that I must do this. When I refused, they threatened to cancel my tickets. Again, I refused to and I thought all was fine. A few weeks later, I decided to check on my bookings on the airline website and was shocked to see that they had cancelled one of the tickets without informing me. I contacted them and requested a response within 24 hours and did not receive any. The whole experience has been absolutely appalling and I have had to report all actions to the authorities to try to get my money back. I am happy to share all correspondences if anyone wants to see them.

1 post
9. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

They are not. They just called Emirates and cancelled our tickets and got a refund, without our knowledge. The company "president" one Tim Gibson, says they are going bankrupt. We had to rebook our entire trip with Emirates at a cost of $15,000.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
100 reviews
10. Re: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?

I’m sorry that you went through the same (similar) experience that we did. Did you manage to get your money back?

Reply to: First Class Discount Air trustful and legal?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted