We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

6 posts
Save Topic
middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

i forgot to mention my middle name while booking qatar airways from ahmedabad(india) to u.k.

will there be any problem..?

34 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

never used my middle name on a flight ticket and never had a problem

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

thanks for the relief the travel agent actually scared me to cancel the ticket

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

What agency did you use? I bet its a "inexpensive" online one. They were trying to get you to cough up the fees to change your ticket! Like Carol, I never put my middle name on my ticket and it is on my passport.

UK
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

You don't need to supply your middle name and as pointed out by rdglady the agent was just trying to get more money out of you. Perhaps bear that in mind next time and book direct instead - particularly with Qatar as getting something changed can be complicated.

6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

Thanks you rdjlady and steve i am flying in the month of march from india to london.

i just booked ticket yesterday and after booking i come to know i forgot to enter middle name.

i called third party online portal booking website immediately within an hour to add the middle name to avoid any trouble .

but he told that pnr needs to be changed so he will charged 500 INR to cancel the booking which he offered for 3 hours only that is till midnight and after that cancellation charges of 10,000 INR would apply.

i am scared of calling qatar to do the same. i am getting mostly positive reviews but still has a doubt as i am travelling international for the first time.

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

he also told me to cancel the ticket as it wont be valid without a middle name.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

He is lying. I never use my middle name.

Edited: 06 February 2017, 12:02
Save Reply
8. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

Do not worry.

I just come back from holiday, and my e ticket and passport had the middle names mixed up.

Nobody mentioned anyting, the only thing I did prior to flying was call Qatar customer services so they could put a note on the system.

The most important thing is the first and surname are spelt correctly.

Trust me, do not buy a new ticket, you will be fine.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

Some airlines DO require a middle name, however I don't believe Qatar does yet.

Vietnam Airlines and China Southern are 2 which do require a middle name if it is on your passport. And yes, the process to add a middle name for THESE airlines is to cancel the PNR and rebook a new ticket. If you cancel straight away you should be able to avoid the airline cancellation fee, however there will be admin and ticketing fees from the agency.

All airlines have different requirements for any changes to the name. Some will allow up to 3 letters for no charge, others will charge a fee for any changes. Others will require the flights to be rebooked. These requirements are the same whether you book through the airline or through an agency.

6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways

Thanks all for the feebback.

because of anxiety i called the qatar reservation desk faking my name to avoid any trouble.

As per the qatar airways it is not mandatory to enter the middle name.

but if your middle name is associated with your first name then it is necessary.

If there is a space between your name and middle name in passport then it is not mandatory,

but if there is no space between your name and middle name than it becomes your first name,

in that case it becomes mandatory.

Thankfully in my case there's a space between name and middle name.

so there is no issue.

Reply to: middle name missing in e ticket qatar airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted