We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad airways extra baggage charges

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Etihad airways extra baggage charges

Hi. I have a flight from London to Bangalore. Does anyone know how much Etihad Airways charge for increasing the weight limit of one bag from 23kg to 32kg?

26 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
49,181 posts
1,633 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

This link should tell you all that you need to know: etihad.com/en-us/…

Fly safely,

Hunt

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the online purchase of extra baggage but I am unable to buy it online as tickets have been booked through agents. So I am not sure if the same applies at the airport counter.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
8,572 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

Call them airlines direct and they should be able to help with your increase in luggage allowance.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

...how much do I pay for every kg.excess baggage

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,491 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

Have you checked the airline's website Joseph?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

Check the airline's website , it will depend on the route

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

Hi.My flight is from Sydney to Teheran.I a pay $180 for extra 23 baggage,is it for going and come back too or just for going? ?

Level Contributor
5,764 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

No idea, you need to talk to the airline and ask them.

Richmond, Virginia
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

All the above information is incorrect. Let me share my first hand experience for tickets brought through American Airlines where one leg was operated by Etihad. For the onward journey there was no problem, i.e. USA to India. American ticketed policy applied and what was printed on the ticket receipt was honored.

For the return Journey Etihad was the first leg operator and decided to charge $320 / per 2nd bag, when all their published information, and excess fare charges say a second bag charge is N/A while traveling to USA or Canada. 2 Pieces are allowed for all their fare classes. Been trying to figure out an answer from Etihad for 4 weeks now with multiple requests, no response, vague replies, or they point to the same information available on their websites. Even if they decide to enforce American ticketed policy of 1 free checked bag, my ticket receipt clear stated for the return journey it was only $100 per 2nd checked bag. Etihad agents claim, American forces them to charge $320. Which cannot be true because American in their written response have said, Etihad never shares baggage revenue with them which are collected, so have to deal with them. You should have never paid , and shown them your ticket receipt. That is what I exactly asked the Etihad agents, and they did not honor it.

Also note Etihad has closed their offices in India, so you cannot reach their staff except at the airport. The airport staff are poorly trained, don't know how to read their own published information. If questioned , they will say talk to your ticket issuer, we will charge what we feel like. You will be at the mercy of the airport agents.

I am sure there are multiple people who have been subjected to poor treatment when flying Etihad esp. not allowing laptop bag + 1 personal hand luggage, even when they are under the published hand luggage limits. Happens everyday at Airports in US and in India.

So anyone thinking of flying Etihad, you may be better off considering another airlines even if it costs $50 more. Even reaching out to Etihad management has not produced any reply which explains, how they arrived at that excess bag charge.

May be someone else can figure out or deduce how a second bag from ISC --> zone 3 could be charged $320 , from any available information to travel agents, or websites.

Perth
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Etihad airways extra baggage charges

My daughter is being charged today $320 for extra baggage on Ethiad from Brussels to Australia. They should be ashamed of themselves. Fly Qatar they have 30kg and 10kg hand luggage.

Reply to: Etihad airways extra baggage charges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted