We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

Campinas, SP
8 posts
1 review
is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

I had a reservation at Iberia webpage , confirmed by email, and could not finish the purchase due to website problems , which always gives me the same answer with no other option than making another reservation again and again for 3 days....Tryied help at Iberia's phone so I could pay giving my credit card number,with no success .One person said there is NO support for costumers at Iberia's website(!) , she could not do anything either, but I could buy my flight paying 2 times the original price at their telephone number desk!!!My question is: had anyone the same problem?Shouldn't we try to avoid Iberia?

26 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,165 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

iberia has a number of ways to contact them, listed on their website. facebook, twitter, email and phone

Campinas, SP
8 posts
1 review
2. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

facebook answer was: can not do anything... phone: wait until monday at 9am, ..... Waited and ....surprise: they said they can not do anything...asked for web support and answer: we do not have...

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,358 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

Have you tried using a different browser as that may be the issue? Or you could try booking on BA.com, since they are part of the same group and the flights may be available there.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,282 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

It's impossible to tell whether the "fault" lies in Iberia's booking module or some clash with your own software, e.g. browser. You could try using a different browser/ computer, and if that still fails, IAG group includes Iberia, Aer Lingus and British Airways (as well as Level and Vueling), so check whether you can book with one of those - assuming this isn't in any case a codeshare flight when you could book through the codeshare partner (www.iberia.com/gb/our-alliances/codeshare/). Failing that, you'd have to resort to using a booking/travel agent.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

Never had any issues with Iberia. Just booked 4 tickets last week. Chose seats, no issue what so ever. I called them once on the USA number and they were great.

B.

Campinas, SP
8 posts
1 review
6. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

thanks for the advices but I've tried everything, from different computers in different places and got the same result. The page says"press the accept button"but there is no accept button in page at all. I believe the page accept a reservation but can not deliver the flight so you have to go for their phone and pay 2 times the price. No thanks! I've bought from another company already.When someone says: go back to the webpage even when I say it is not working; when I ask for a web support phone and the person says "we do not have any" it's time to get another company for me....maybe I had waited too much.I should have gone for another company from the beginning .

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,165 posts
80 reviews
7. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

aha! mention of "another company" is ringing alarm bells. are you trying to book through an on-line agent?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,276 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

There must be thousands of people booking flights from Iberia's website every day. If there was a general issue in Iberia's end I'm sure it would be all over the forums.

I don't know of any airline that offers tech support for customers who have a computer issue.

Edited: 23 May 2017, 10:15
Campinas, SP
8 posts
1 review
9. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

no , Nakagoli. I tried from my 3 computers , at home and at work , for a flight to myself directly from Iberia webpage( and received email confirming the reservation, from Iberia).For me if Iberia said they had a problem in webpage and were going to fix (sorry would be great too) I would accept very well.At phone they said nothing but "go to webpage again"", "I can do here for you (paying 2 times the price)"and "we don't have any web support number". Strange.....

Campinas, SP
8 posts
1 review
10. Re: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.

it's not a computer issue. The webpage ask to press the "accept"button and there was no such button ...

They might have fixed by now, I do not care anymore.

And I do know some companies where you can call and receive support: Airfrance, Klm and Alitalia . I've tried before and worked very well.

Reply to: is Iberia website reliable?! I don't think so.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted