We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas Economy Class

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Qantas Economy Class

Hi everyone,

just wanted to ask if any of you have used qantas to fly from SFO to Sydney and how was your experience? what are the amenities offered in economy class? should i take my own travel size toothpaste, toothbrush etc or will they provide?

thank you :)

11 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,202 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas Economy Class

Not sure if it's an equal comparison, but I flew LAX-BNE in May and was disappointed with Qantas; Economy (my first flight with them). There were no amenities whatsoever, the seat was uncomfortable, no port to charge my iPad, and the "window seat" in the two-seat row was actually more like a middle seat, with no bulkhead to lean against. The only nice part was being able to order the actual meal within a week of the flight.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas Economy Class

From their website you can see which class gets amenity kits; it begins with Premium Economy class.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas Economy Class

They will give you a toothbrush kit if you ask for one. You will also have a blanket and pillow to use. I always take a light cardigan as it can get quite cool.

We always try and sit in a one of the pairs of seats right at the back of the plane. No need to worry about climbing over others to get our of your seat. Less likely to be children (oops, did I just say that?) You can stretch your feet out without bothering anyone.

No economy seat is ever going to be truly comfortable no matter what airline you fly with. You just make the most of it.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas Economy Class

You can read reviews written by recent passengers if you want. Tripadvisor has an airline review section:- https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Airlines

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,627 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas Economy Class

Depending on plane configuration, back of the plane often mean closer to toilets and galleys so more disturbance. Also, you will be one of the last to disembark so you will likely face a longer immigration line. It's a personal preference though so there is no right-or-wrong.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas Economy Class

Thanks everyone :)

Anyone know if they have entertainment and wifi on the plane Boeing 747?

Thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas Economy Class

Qantas is a full service airline, so yes they have entertainment screens on the back of the seats so you can choose music, movies, TV shows, etc. information would be on the Qantas website -

https:/…en

Edited: 16 August 2017, 23:36
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas Economy Class

I've personally only flown Qantas economy Syd > MEL but from previous experience on airlines in economy it's always best to take your own amenity kit because, enough there's no harm in asking for one, they may not give you one/only have enough for premium customers.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,627 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas Economy Class

Overall, Qantas in economy won't differ much from (insert US-based carrier name) in economy--maybe very slightly better. Still, economy is economy.

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas Economy Class

It's economy in a refurbished 747. Research the best seat options for the aircraft. Will cost a little extra, but worth it not to have someone reclining back into your lap all night (and possibly day as well). 31" seat pitches make economy travel difficult (knees can touch seat in front). Service, food and drinks should be adequate-good (for economy).

Edited: 17 August 2017, 03:30
Reply to: Qantas Economy Class
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted