We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight connection time at Charlotte Airport

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
flight connection time at Charlotte Airport

Flying with American Airlines from Dublin to Tulsa via Charlotte, arrive Charlotte 1.10 and flight to Tulsa 2.25 and will have cleared immigration etc at Dublin. Is this enough time onward flight with American Airlines as well

4 replies to this topic
Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,110 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight connection time at Charlotte Airport

Yes. Keep an eye on the time and push to get to the next gate before you relax. 1:15 gives you ample time if you arrive as scheduled.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
215 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight connection time at Charlotte Airport

The connection time should be fine, especially since you'll land as a domestic flight. However Charlotte is a large airport, so it can be quite a hike depending on where you arrive and where you have to go. Earlier this month I was doing a domestic transfer with American that landed at E25 and had to get to B15 and was surprised at how far it was, even with the people movers. Try to double check your departure gate when you land in case things change.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight connection time at Charlotte Airport

The best part about Charlotte is that it's laid out almost like a clock. The main terminals all branch out from the central dining/shopping area. This makes it pretty easy to navigate which I think is a bonus. I've connected through there domestically in a (very stressful) 25 minutes with no difficulty.

You will most likely be fine.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight connection time at Charlotte Airport

Plenty of time if incoming is on time.

Reply to: flight connection time at Charlotte Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted