We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

If you need a reimbursement of your travels you shouldn't get your tickets from Opodo because they will never provide you a simple invoice and added on top they will waste your time. Although they have an option in their website to ask for an invoice and when you request it you will receive a mail that they got your request and now they are dealing with it, they won't. Then you write to the customer service, you will receive same reply. Then you decide to make a complaint to trustpilot. Only then a real person will contact with you just to say they can only give an invoice for the services not including the price of the ticket and they will add for their own amusement "I believe this is not you wanted but this is what we can give".

Then you will try to contact with the airlines they will tell you that you paid the money to Opodo then (logically) Opodo should provide it. But to their kindness they would send you all the documents they have regarding to your ticket but none you can count as invoice.

And because Opodo do not cares if a customer is happy or not about them and because there is not much option for complains I have decided to write here.

And If there is anyone who faced with the same problem and solved, I would be very happy to listen their experiences. though all these took me 3 months and I am not sure now even if I can get a reimbursement from where I work. Opodo basically cost me to lose 200 pounds.. I will never again try to save 20-30 pounds while buying my tickets as in return that cost me much more than that.

16 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,738 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

Penny wise, pound foolish. That's the shoddy OTA way.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo?

Um, maybe because there's hundreds upon hundreds of warnings all over the internet about how shonky they are?

southern england
Level Contributor
490 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

I think you may be trying to cancel airline tickets that are 'non-refundable and non-changeable' and therefore will get nothing back.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

"I think you may be trying to cancel airline tickets that are 'non-refundable and non-changeable' and therefore will get nothing back."

The OP is not cancelling a ticket, she is trying to get an invoice to show what she has paid, presumably so she can be reimbursed by her place of work.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

Nope I was not trying to cancel anything I did completed my travel an all wanted to get an invoice a formal letter saying how much I paid for the ticket so that I can get a reimbursement from work for my conference costs.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

"Lexexpress"

You might be the only one who understood the case, thank you! I am glad sb did at least :D

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,114 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

They are a very poor company indeed in my view, though some do think otherwise. I'm sorry you got burned and I hope you've learnt a valuable lesson

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51,437 posts
1,730 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

At the very least, when one insinuates a 3rd party between themselves, and their supplier, the carrier, there is an additional layer of bureaucracy added to the mix.

While few will laud airlines with the trait of great customer service, fewer will do so for 3rd party agents, and especially the likes of Opodo now.

Heck, I am having issues getting receipts for two flights on UA, at this moment. Cannot imagine how tough it would be, if I had to deal with a 3rd party agent.

Best of luck,

Hunt

London, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

Can you please submit a ticket below so we can look into this further for you:

https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u

Best regards,

Christos - Customer care.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo

They try to trick you.

1) At the time of booking they do not allow you to add the baggage and say, you can call and we will assist. When you call you may wait for 20 minutes (in my case three times) before you talk to some one. Then they tell you they can add baggage to your ticket and you have to pay the baggage fee and service charge. baggage fee is understandable but service charge is not understandable as you did not get an option to add at the time of booking. Looks like hidden charge you do not know in advance.

2) This is more concerning, They do not issue the Tax receipt. I am a bit concerned on that, Do they pay full taxes to the tax department or charge us but do not pay to HMRC. If they pay full taxes to HMRC, they should be able to generate the tax receipt for every transaction and pass it to customers.

Reply to: Why you shouldn't buy your tickets from Opodo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted