We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

Albania
2 posts
Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

Dear Travelers

I am little confused about this low cost airline called wizz air. I am reading only negative comments about this company.

After 4 days a have a flight with 6 other friends from Tirana to Budapest.

Today i realised that the airport check in is too expensive, so we would like to avoid 20 euros per person tax by using online check in.

The question is..:

Should i use the web page or the wizz application on my phone?

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Another thing. when we booked , unfurnately we did not chossed the seats. I wanted to know if we still have to pay wor the seats, OR IS IT FREE AFTER THE ONLINE CHECK IN WILL OPEN (48 hours befor the flight)

Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
1. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

answers should all be on the airline website - https:/…accordion-4

2. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 January 2018, 08:05

1 post
3. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

Buna zia ! Va rog sa-mi spuneti si mie daca pot avea 4 baxuri de tigari in bagajul de mina la imbarcare in avion.Va multumesc!

Edited: 19 January 2018, 07:05
2 posts
4. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

Recently I had a very bad experience with the web-check-in.

I booked my ticket, paid for it, fixed online my seat and luggage. Then I received from WIZZ, by e-mail, a confirmation that all is OK. Also, my account has been charged accordingly.

When the time has come for the web-check- in I found my reservation code and tried to check in to get my boarding pass online. To my surprise, the WIZZ system refused to enable it claiming that there is a problem with the payment. To find out what the problem is one must call their center in Hungary. They charge a few dollars per minute (sort of a fine).

I feared to be held on the phone to Hungary, waiting for assistance or misunderstood.

Since it was not my fault (that they disabled my web-check-in).

I decided not to call and resolve the problem the next day at the airport. I thought that it must be a bug in their system. So they can quickly resolve it.

At the airport, the next day, they told me that my boarding pass issue is blocked unless I pay a fee of 35 EU. After the payment, without any problem, they issued my boarding pass.

I sent an e-mail to WIZZ customer office. WIZZ is a busy company. It takes them a month to answer but since we talk about 35EU one can probably wait for a fair treatment. In short, in three e-mails they answered (quoting their written rules)

that if you fail to web check-in you have to pay for the boarding pass at the airport. They have disregarded the fact that it was their system fault, thus taking no responsibility for it.

I think that this company is unfair. What do you think?

In any case, you must be careful when you choose your low-cost air company.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
565 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

life is unfair ;)

they have clearly stated in their TC that airport check-in is 35 eur, there is no exception to the rule, so when you have decided you are not trying to resolve a problem by calling, but instead you go to an airport for check-in you basically agreed to pay that 35 eur

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,812 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

<<I think that this company is unfair. What do you think?>> Like some other companies, they charge for check-in at the airport. This is clearly stated. You checked in at the airport, why do you think you should not pay?

<<They charge a few dollars per minute (sort of a fine). I feared to be held on the phone to Hungary, waiting for assistance or misunderstood.>> I think, you just wanted to outsmart the system and forgot about the Euro 35 charge. And now when you failed, you shout foul.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

This reminds me of another recent Wizzair post where the person was complaining about getting charged the 35 Euros because she couldn't get her boarding pass and had to have it done at the airport. Not only did she think she could use a mobile boarding pass at an airport that doesn't support mobile boarding passes, but she failed to read the info on Wizzair's website that she needed to print her boarding pass from the website at least 3 hours in advance of her flight since use of a mobile boarding pass wasn't available..

Many of the LCC's have special check-in procedures that legacy airlines don't and also penalties for not following the procedures. If you're going to fly an LCC you'd better make sure that you read and understand the procedures, preferably before you even book. Otherwise prepare to pay.

2 posts
8. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

Hi,

This reply is for Mr Cloud_Nymph and for Mr Dubai_Phil_R. You both are applying Wizz-like “administrative” arguments:

1. If you do not “web check-in” you have to pay at the airport (also if it is WIZZ’s fault -my addition)

2. If there is any problem, even if you have done all that was required, you must call WIZZ center and pay for it

……………………………………………….

If you represent Wizz you are doing your job. However, some time you also may find yourself in the same situation, as a customer vs. a big company. The only thing some of them are interested in is to maximize their profits. The customer does not count. Not very clever attitude though (compare with Amazon of Jeff Besos).

………………………………………….

If you are not representing WIZZ, I will stress again (trying to convince you) some facts:

1. There is an agreement between the customer and WIZZ

that they enable you the web check-in, and it is free of charge. If you have a confirmed flight (as I have described), and the web check-in is disabled by their website IT IS THEIR FAULT.

In this case it is fair that you don’t do anything that costs you time and money. Unfortunately, in this case, you will waste time and money even if you do not pay the 35 EU.

2. The additional requirement that you should call their center, pay for it, not being certain that you talk to somebody that can/wants to understand you, and you understand him, is unfair and not practical for many passengers (e.g. who may not be fluent in English).

By the way, if you pay $3 per minute, a call of 10 minutes almost covers the “fine” of 35EU. So, what is the point?

………………………….

There are situations that the airport staff are not WIZZ employees but a group representing WIZZ (e.g. some local company). These guys may not have all the information about the payments, confirmation etc. They work like robots. They see on their computer that my boarding has been blocked and have been instructed to “force” me to pay for the boarding. In fact, after I paid the 35EU my boarding has been “unblocked” by the computer. Magic.

……………………..

Therefore, after it is clear that there was NOTHING WRONG with my booking it is the duty of WIZZ to reimburse me, and say “we are sorry” …

9. Re: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2018, 10:08

Reply to: Wizz air online check in ''explanation needed''
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted