We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage

Irvine, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
luggage

i am flying B.A. from glasgow to LHR terminal 5 then onwards from terminal 3 on Virgin . Can anyone tell me if B A will forward my hold luggage from T5 to T3 OR have I to collect my luggage and take my bags my self....please help

6 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,138 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luggage

Depends. Have you booked these as 2 seperate flights or is all on a single ticket? If it's the latter your bags will be checked through. If it's the former, they won't

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
10,051 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luggage

You will need to check with BA, as they don't always check bags through even on their own flights, unless on one ticket

Irvine, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: luggage

thanks ..........lugging the luggage !!!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,481 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luggage

"thanks ..........lugging the luggage" - That sounds like you have separate tickets - if so how long have you allowed between arrival and departure.

What's your back up plan if the BA flight is cancelled or significantly delayed - I assume you are aware of the risks of separate tickets.

Irvine, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: luggage

thanks ....flight from glasgow is 3pm .....later flight from t3 is 10.30pm so should be ok mac dokey............many thanks for your interest and advice .

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,210 posts
1,292 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: luggage

OK, so glad that you found the answer on this forum.

Fly safely,

Hunt

Reply to: luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted