We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

Just beginning to research trip to Italy next May- flying Bos to Rome ,. Narrowing my airlines down to Air France, Delta and KLM due to the schedule and shorter flights - Alitalia has non stop fbut reviews are horrible and they could go belly up - not worth the stress.

It seems every website I go on shows the better flights with a :"partner" so code sharing may be inevitable. AIr France and Delta's flights out of Boston all seem to offer only an hour or an hour and 5 minutes for the connection to Rome . I know an hour is short for CDG but seems like no alternatives other than a 6 hour layover instead.

If we miss our connection, and booked all legs on Air France, would they need to put us on the next flight? Any other thoughts on this... not easy figuring it out with code shares and don't even get me started on trying to find a non-tortureous seat without paying triple the $$$.

10 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

So, despite your thread title, there is a choice?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

They would rebook you on the next flight with available seats which may not be .the next flight. They won't bump otherbpassengersbro make room for you.

I've done a few short connections with AF at CDG with mixed results. I and my bags missed my connection: I made the connection but my bags didn't; I and my bags made the connection. It's not an easy airport to transit on.

You say you've also been looking at KLM. Personally I'd much rather have a short connection at AMS than CDG

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

+1 on the KLM AMS connection.

As long as your first flight is on time that's a ok connection.

CDG, well I know the place and still get turned around occasionally. I'd always try to avoid a connection under 90 mins.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

Hmmm . . . . for BOS-FCO I probably wouldn't do any of that

TAP Airlines (Portugal) BOS-LIS-FCO rtn in May is from $470 rtn - 1hr connection going & 2hr20 on the return. All date dependant and some $200 less than the KLM/AF/DL offers I see.

That would be my choice

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

Jock boss Bob, Have seen TAP low prices and tempted but review are not too good. We flew to Paris on Air Canada last year and were very swished in seats.Thanks for the suggestion though.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

AmoMondo, I'll keep exploring the KLM options and also whether or not I would need to change terminals in CDG... I'm assuming yes and that does seem like too short a time.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

Yes, if you fly AF/Delta/KLM family from the US to Rome via CDG you'll be making the very common 2E to 2F terminal transfer. Under normal circumstances you should be able to make it in an hour (CDG estimates about 45 minutes for the longest transfer from Hall M in 2E to 2F), but... it's not uncommon for the line to be long at immigration and that 1 hour can become very tight.

So while you'd probably make it under most circumstances, you'd be a bit pressed with no time to dawdle or relax. Given the choice, like those above, I'd probably prefer to go via AMS with that tight of a connection and if the AMS option was close in price.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

My first choice would be Swiss Air through Zurich. Excellent airport, very good airline.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

You guys are so awesome. Good advice and will do further research on all suggested options.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
556 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?

You need another plan.

Reply to: one hour connection CDG to FCO- looks like no choice?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted