We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental flights

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Topic
Intercontinental flights

I have two questions regarding intercontinental flights. 1) Can I travel on my own from the US to Europe if I'm 17? and 2) What is the best time to book the flight, starting from February up until May?

Thank you

8 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental flights

1. Read the entry requirements for your destination country. Where are you planning to stay?

2. What do you mean by best? When is your trip?

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental flights

1. I'm staying in Spain, being a US Resident and European. Would the customs page tell me more info?

2. I haven't booked it yet, but I'm planning to book it between February to May

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
972 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental flights

"Being a US resident and European"...does this mean you're a US permanent resident but hold some kind of European passport?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental flights

What passport do you hold? In what month do you want to travel?

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercontinental flights

Spanish passport (I was born there), planning to travel

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
972 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Intercontinental flights

I'm pretty sure you're considered an adult at 17 in the eyes of most airlines so you shouldn't have a problem, but you may want to double check with the airline you end up booking with.

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Intercontinental flights

Alright then. Thank you :)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Intercontinental flights

'Would the customs page tell me more info?' No. There is a difference between immigration and customs, although the latter term is often used in the States to describe the two processes. Customs agents are interested in what a person is bringing into a country; immigration agents are interested in the person. With a Spanish passport and travelling to Spain, immigration shouldn't be an issue.

'I haven't booked it yet, but I'm planning to book it between February to May' Without knowing when you plan to travel it's impossible to say if this will be a good time to book your air ticket. If you plan to travel next June or July then I'd say start looking in mid to late February; I'd want the ticket booked before mid April.

Reply to: Intercontinental flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted