We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada - delayed

4 posts
Save Topic
Air Canada - delayed

New York - Toronto delayed 1 h Air Canada, I did not have time to stop to London and worsen Warsaw, got a new ticket to Warsaw an hour later with one stop in Frankfurt Air Canada, also I did not get it .. I got a new ticket for next 4 hours later to Warsaw from Frankfurt. Air Canada is not a European line, I know I am not entitled to compensation 261/2004. Is it worth writing to Air Canada for a recompense request? because I heard that there is little chance...

7 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,026 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada - delayed

The contract was to get you to Warsaw, it appears you got to Warsaw. You had what you paid for.....

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada - delayed

I'm not even sure what you are saying. You had a one hour delay?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,722 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada - delayed

got a new ticket to Warsaw an hour later - Do you mean the airline put you on the next flight or you had to buy a new ticket.

In any case AC are not legally obliged to compensate you although a polite email/letter might yet you some FF points

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada - delayed

Air Canada bought me tickets all

NYC - Toronto 1h delay, new ticket to Frankfurt arrival at 11:10 , next from Frankfurt to Warsaw 12:10

Toronto - Frankfurt 45 min delay, plane at 12:10 Frankfurt - Warsaw I did not make it. Air Canada bought me a ticket next 16:10 to Warsaw (Lufthansa )

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
25,567 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada - delayed

looks as if air canada did their best for you, and maybe should be getting some thanks from you?

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada - delayed

Maybe ... but when I m in Warsaw airport, I not have registered baggage. Mistake to London. I got two more days later...

Edited: 21 November 2017, 15:14
Canada
Level Contributor
4,986 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada - delayed

Did you seriously book a 1 hour connection between 2 international flights?

Reply to: Air Canada - delayed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted