We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

silverjym
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

I have a one-way EVA ticket purchased through this agency. When I asked if this was obtained from someone's FF miles, they replied "We use our corporate points to issue that ticket and it's not the same as re-sold miles".

EVA's website shows me as booked on the flight and I have an EVA confirmation number. However on the confirmation document the ticketing account name is someone else.

I understand about re-sold FF miles but I'm uncertain what "corporate points" are. Does anyone understand if they are different than FF miles? What are the issues I may or may not have at the gate?

24 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,551 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

Best scenario, you get on the flight.

Worst case, you are denied travel...

Good luck!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,477 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

The time to be asking your question would have been before you acquired this ticket not after.

Best of luck!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

I think you answered your own question. The ticketing account is under another person's name. Looks like this company is selling you a ticket obtained using purchased FF miles.

Good luck.

Edited: 08 December 2017, 17:13
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,539 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

Looks like this company is selling you a ticket obtained using purchased FF miles.

==================

Let's hope the miles were purchased and not stolen.

Again, good luck.

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
164 reviews
5. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

They can say whatever they want, but if you're seeing someone else's name the truth is pretty clear. If it's a company that has no problem breaking the rules of just about every major airline, they're not going to hav ea problem lying to you about it either.

silverjym
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

Well, yes I did inquire prior to purchase if this was a re-sold FF mileage ticket. The answer was no, they were using THEIR corporate points to issue the ticket. It was only after I received the confirmation that I saw the ticketing was in another's name.

Tapadh leat

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,998 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

Their corporate points.

Translation-they buy frequent flier points from someone who sells them to their company. They sell them now to you by way of a flight.

Kind of like buying an expensive tv off the back of a truck. The truck says it is theirs....sure thing.

Edited: 08 December 2017, 19:39
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

Airlines have rules against selling, trading or bartering ff miles whether they are miles earned by an individual or by a corporation. So the explanation tendered to you before your purchase was lame.

That said their website makes no mention of your being at risk of being refused boarding so if that happens you may have a valid legal claim against whoever sold you the tickets. The website does not disclose who that is so it will not be an easy matter to pursue a claim. But perhaps a bit of research would bring to light who you have dealt with.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

They told you it was their corporate points and you believed them?

They've either flogged them from someone else or bought them. Both against airline rules. You could be refused boarding.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
220 reviews
10. Re: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?

Don't call EVA and ask if the ticket is legitimate. And yes EVA has every right to refuse to allow you to board the flight. Stop asking questions.

Reply to: Has anyone used Business Class Consolidator?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted