We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2017, 04:00

44 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

Without hearing the other side of the story, it's tough to make any kind of reasonable judgement.

My original thought was, all this just because you couldn't bear to sit apart for 10hrs.

Not saying what TUI have done is right, but it seems a shame that the whole holiday went south because of it.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,913 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

Sorry I only skimmed through that. As a complaint it is far too long. You need to stick to basics, no waffle, no hyperbole etc. It isn't necessary and detracts from any valid points you may have.

The first thing I thought was why were you only trying to book seats together, API and optional extras 7 days prior to your flight? If you hadn't left it so late you wouldn't have had a problem. TUI only allow a certain percentage of people to check in online. After that its airport check-in only.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

"“I don’t need to see the email and there are no seats together so what do you expect us to do?” to which we replied we aren’t asking for you to resolve now but can you look at any alternative options for us."

I wonder what alternative options you had in mind - If there aren't any seats together there aren't any seats together? Sounds like you were told this several times but didn't want to accept it. I have no idea if ground staff overreacted (which is entirely possible) but I don't get why some grown-ups can't bear the thought of sitting apart for a few hours on a plane either.

4. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

5. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

6. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 December 2017, 16:53
Edited: 10 December 2017, 16:53

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,913 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

You can submit API before online check in opens. It sounds like online check in quota was full hence airport check in, so API could be taken then anyway. Your seating could have been booked at least 90 days prior to your inbound flight though, then it wouldn't matter that you couldn't check in online. You can't blame your problem of not being seated together on a computer 'error'. You should have done it far earlier to ensure you could get seats together.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

Tui only allow 80 or 90% I think to check in online, but you had up to 90 days before this to purchase Seat Selection so even if you were able to check in online there may have not been the seats you wanted together anyway, I’m not sure what you expected them to do it’s not fair to move others!

9. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI

Seat selection is only a request. Specific seats are never guaranteed.

Reply to: Refused boarding Thomson/TUI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted