We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

melbourne
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

Which airline is best to fly from Edinburgh to Gatwick? BA or Easyjet or other?

15 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

Define "best"

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,509 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

It really doesn't matter. The flight only takes about 90 mins. Going off your other post you're then flying on to Santorini. Make sure you leave enough time between flights because the protection won't be protected.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,104 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

There is no best. It depends on what time you want to fly and what price the airline is asking. Either would be fine for such a short flight IMO.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,596 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

Which airline is best to fly from Edinburgh to Gatwick? BA or Easyjet or other?

=========

Is your final destination Gatwick - in order to catch another flight, or London itself?

If to catch another flight, you need to allow plenty of time as easyJet would be an unprotected connection.

If London, then take the train.

UK
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

"The flight only takes about 90 mins."

It was even less than that for us, we flew EDI - STN last week, and it was less than 60mins gate to gate, was funny watching the EZY staff trying to fit their trolley service into such a short flight!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,946 posts
77 reviews
6. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

Given your other thread is London your destination, or Santorini?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

Compare total costs including baggage and times. Go with which has the best time for you catching your Santorini flight

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,104 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

If the OP is intending to self-connect to a flight to Santorini it would be better to book both flights through Gatwick Connects as that protects the connection. Still, I would leave plenty of time between flights given EJ's frequency to JTR (only one flight per day).

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
4,289 posts
9. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

I would pick Easyjet, and they guarantee the lowest prices for their flights are the ones on their own website, so I would only ever book there.

If, as Lex suggests, you intend to fly to Santorini on the same day then book it with "Gatwickconnects" for the protection, which I think can now be done on Easyjets own site (new this year)

If, however, you intend to spend a few days in London between flights, I would still use Easyjet and just book the 2 singles.

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
164 reviews
10. Re: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick

I'm a big Easyjet fan myself

Reply to: Flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted