We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA new boarding policy

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
BA new boarding policy

Can anyone send me a link to the thread on the new BA boarding policy that I'm sure was introduced yesterday. I'm sure I read it a few months ago but a search isn't showing any hits, was it removed!! Flying with them in the New Year so curious.

16 replies to this topic
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA new boarding policy

Bill. If you google "New BA Boarding Policy" it's right there. I've just had a look.

Edited: 13 December 2017, 12:11
Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA new boarding policy

I've done that and read the actual policy but I was looking for reviews on its effectiveness or not as the case maybe. I know when it hit the press there was considerable anger from certain quarters and I'm sure I read a lot on TA but can't find anything now.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,641 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA new boarding policy

Is this it? -> https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BA new boarding policy

Due to start this month (not seen confirmation that it has yet)

Experiences will vary depending on which group and how many are ahead of you. Number status passengers will vary by route, day of week and time

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA new boarding policy

"I've done that and read the actual policy but I was looking for reviews on its effectiveness or not as the case maybe. "

============

Seeing as it only started yesterday the number of reviews are going to be tiny. You could try here (BA FlyerTalk) but note that thread has got very few actual reviews and is currently lingering on page 3.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airw…

UK
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA new boarding policy

I think the implementation of this policy has been pushed back. I was just looking into it but cannot find an answer yet.

UK
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA new boarding policy

So the proposed implementation date was yesterday, don't know if that was set in stone anywhere as the trade announcement just said "from this December". Mobile boarding pass for tomorrow still just has Group with a blank space next to it..

The word on FlyerTalk is that it has been delayed until next year "due to internal issues", whatever that could mean.

Ketchikan, AK
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: BA new boarding policy

What's to review? It's just a different way of saying First and Elites, Business and Elites, Economy. Instead of calling you by travel class, they're calling you by boarding group. Group 1 is First, 2 Business etc. etc.

And it was pushed back to next year.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: BA new boarding policy

Wondering why post #1 didn't include the link requested by OP.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,017 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA new boarding policy

Because the poster was trying to encourage the OP to do their own googling?

Reply to: BA new boarding policy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted