We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class flights

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Business Class flights

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

Business Class Gurus

851 Burlway Rd #502, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA

Would like to know if it isa true site

31 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,575 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Class flights

From the company's FAQs: 'We have negotiated contracts with major consolidators and wholesalers which enables us to offer deep discounts which are not available through online booking websites or the airlines directly.' to which I say talk is cheap, BCGuru. No mention of using others' Miles or Points to book, but at a guess they may do that as well - if they do not, then my apologies.

The question is 'Can I accrue milage [sic]?' Answer 'Of course! We never keep any of your mileage. There are occasionally super discounted flights that are not eligible for mileage, but in those instances you will be notified in advance.' Hm.

It's interesting that the FAQs have this to say about cancelling or changing tickets 'Absolutely! Almost every ticket that is booked at Wholesale Flights can be canceled or changed with no additional fees from us. In the rare circumstances where a flight cannot be canceled or changed, you will be notified before booking.' but this is lifted from the company's Terms and Conditions: 'After you purchase an airline ticket(s) from us and select the “Accept” button, all airline ticket(s) and all service fees sold or issued by us or through us are FINAL, NOT REFUNDABLE, NOT TRANSFERABLE, and CANNOT BE MODIFIED, and you are fully responsible to WholeSale for the full cost of the airline ticket(s), and credit / debit card and any subsequent charge(s) on your credit / debit card, which you may incur as provided in these Terms'

I'd rather eat my own head than ask them to book anything. Others' MMV.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,271 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Class flights

It's yet another mileage broker that uses bartered or even stolen frequent flier miles. Totally against the airlines' T+Cs and very liable to get the tickets canceled by the airline.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
45,066 posts
1,412 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Class flights

Well, my question would be “How do they get deeply discounted BC tickets?”

If they have the magic, airfare fairy on staff, that is one thing, but if they barter, or steal FF miles, then they are not of use.

I do not know them, and have not used them.

Maybe they DID hire the airfare fairy?

Best of luck,

Hunt

Edited: 14 December 2017, 22:48
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Class flights

Thanks to all of you for the replies.

I have used other wholesale companies for first and business class flights and been awarded frequent flier points for my travel so I was just wondering if this was a similar company. I think I'll stick with what I know

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,465 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Class flights

I have used other wholesale companies for first and business class flights and been awarded frequent flier points for my travel

-----------------

Really. Which ones? Airlines are getting better at spotting bartered tickets and cancelling them. Your risk entirely if you insist on complicity.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
59,918 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business Class flights

Many of the companies I've read about operate in much the same way, and it's a way that is against the airlines T&C's. Parklandwalk is right that there is an ever increasing risk that tickets bought through these companies will be identified and cancelled. I certainly wouldn't risk it these days.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Business Class flights

Mileage brokers, Barter ticket companies do exist, yes. The area is grey, some airlines allow it, some don't, but no one is going to jail for it.

However the points that they are using are now more and more complex, there is a market out there of customers who swear by these things and pick up dynamic value from this. However, the companies that sell airmile/points tell you they are doing that if you purchase.

They need you to know they are mileage tickets, they also don't want the account of their client's being frozen and all the points deleted. You have more power than you think, so my answer would be;

1) Ask them if it is a mileage/points/award ticket, and if it is learn and understand it, get the itinerary and the fare then compare it to the prices online for example, if you see a strong saving then make a decision if you would like to fly on a cheap ticket.

2) If you pay by credit card, in particular in europe you are protected anyway so there is no financial risk, Amex is no quibble on such things.

Spend a little time to learn and understand all the options in depth and then make a decision.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Business Class flights

I think I'll stick with what I know.

You don't seem to know a lot. Are you going to try every dodgy OTA?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Business Class flights

I understand you have had successful experiences in the past, but, this forum strongly advises against using any third party sites and booking directly with the airline or with a reputable face-to-face Travel Agent.

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Business Class flights

I don't know of any FF programs who allow you to sell miles, I can donate them,but not sell. It's not grey at all and violates virtually all FF programs.

Reply to: Business Class flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted