We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

I am looking for a flight from Athens to Santorini. The most suitable is on RyanAir but that sounds like a complete nightmare. Anyone have any suggestions or perhaps RyanAir is not as bad as the reviews sound? Thanks!

17 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

Follow the strict Ryanair rules and you'll be ok. When comparing prices add in everything you want and get a total Ryanair price.

Never presume you can get away with anything with Ryanair.

Prescot, United...
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
296 reviews
2. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

Why does it sound a nightmare?

Are you going off reviews?

Just read the T and C s carefully and book direct with Ryanair and you might be pleasantly surprised

Thousands and thousands of people use them but don't review their good experiences

Lynne

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,716 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

Aegean are well thought of.

However, they use small planes, so you'll still need to comply with whatever luggage size retirements they state in their T&C's.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,932 posts
478 reviews
4. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

I'm not sure why flying with Ryanair would be a nightmare, but it's your choice. For me, the best airline to fly is the one that best meets my needs, primarily in terms of price and convenience when it comes to shorter flights.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,198 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

"Aegean are well thought of.

However, they use small planes, so you'll still need to comply with whatever luggage size retirements they state in their T&C's."

On a domestic flight Athens to Santorini in summer you get an A320 or A321 from Aegean. They do have smaller planes, ATR or Bombardier turboprops, belonging to their Olympic Air subsidiary but these are used on routes with short runways or light traffic in high season. Santorini has as many as 8 flights a day from Aegean in summer, so not a light traffic route.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,084 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

It is a 136 mile flight-why stress over such a short flight?

A L
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

Hi! I would recommend aegean! They have always been good

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,965 posts
141 reviews
8. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

Your said: "The most suitable" With Ryan air usually "most suitable" means cheapest. You get what you pay for.

As to schedule, Aegean has multiple flights per day.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
267 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

I just posted about a drama with Ryanair. I would avoid it at all cost. Since they could cancel your flight, which happens a lot especially this year.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,932 posts
478 reviews
10. Re: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?

If I avoided every airline which has had drama's and complaints written about it here, I wouldn't be able to fly anywhere unless I hired my own plane.

Seriously, every airline cancels flights.

Reply to: Best flight from Athens to Santorini?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted