We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
352 reviews
Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

When the plane lands in Dubai on the first half of the journey I have read that it is a 15 minute wait/bus drive from the plane to the terminal? Is this correct?

Also if I book my seat number through from Dublin to Hong Kong is it the same plane that continues on the second leg of the trip from Dubai to Hong Kong or is there a change of plane? Do I also get to sit in the same seat/row for the second half of the journey?

9 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,952 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

<<15 minute wait/bus drive from the plane to the terminal>>

Normally the aircraft docks at the airport. In some cases it can happen that the aircraft is parked on a remote stand and deboarding / boarding will take place by bus. The bus drive is about 15 minutes.

<<is it the same plane that continues on the second leg of the trip from Dubai to Hong Kong>> It is a different flight number and in most cases also a different aircraft. Hence you have to take everything with you when you deboard in Dubai and leave nothing behind.

<<Do I also get to sit in the same seat/row for the second half of the journey?>> This depends on you. You can "reserve" a seat in manage my booking. You can pick the same or another seat. Whatever you like most.

Expectation: Since Emirates took over concourse C in terminal 3 there are enough docks, unless you have a bit of bad luck. So, expect a normal deboarding / boarding via dock and not via bus.

Edited: 16 December 2017, 10:52
UAE
Level Contributor
547 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

I obviously had some bad luck!

I arrived in Dubai from Cape Town about 10 days ago and we were bussed to the terminal. There were at least half a dozen Emirates planes parked away from the terminal so it looks like there aren't enough docks.

Ludwigsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
464 posts
168 reviews
3. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

That will definitely not be the same plane, hence you need a new seat reservation.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,952 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

<<half a dozen Emirates planes parked away from the terminal >>

There are even more airplanes parked away at DWC airport.

Emirates purchased more aircrafts than they needed.

As there is no market vor used A380's, there is no other solution than to park them.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
352 reviews
5. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

I notice that the Emirates flight price vary depending on the European airport you are flying from. Some hubs in the EU are hundreds of Euro cheaper to fly from than other hubs. Anybody any experience of this?

Hungary seems to be their cheapest. I am talking about flights to Hong Kong.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,899 posts
408 reviews
6. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

Flights from Budapest

1. It's considerably nearer to Dubai

2.It is a newish route

and

3. Taxes may be different

SS

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
352 reviews
7. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

It's interesting. For example, flying business class from Dublin return was €800 more expensive than flying from Madrid. I can get local flights from Dublin to Madrid airport for about €30 each way.

Lisbon was about €500 cheaper but Budapest €1000 cheaper.

I think that taxes play a big part.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,952 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

Prices depend on a lot of factors. Demand and supply, creating traffic for some hubs etc.

Prices are rarely a function of actual costs.

Typical example: travel to Dubai are more expensive than travel to Dubai and then another leg to a different airport.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,007 posts
171 reviews
9. Re: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.

As Phil said, drawing traffic to the airline is one of the prime considerations. That's why you can often find indirect flights to be cheaper than directs, regardless of distance flown. For example, locally where I am, Air France is advertising <$600 roundtrip fare to Madrid and other European cities via Paris, while a direct flight that ends in Paris actually costs $100 more.

Reply to: Flying Dublin to Hong Kong with Emirates.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted