We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG connection

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
CDG connection

Hi all

Hoping someone can help. I'm booked on an air France ticket from Newcastle to Sydney. This comprises of a HOP service to CDG Paris and then operated by etihad to Sydney.

We land on CDG at 0910 in terminal 2e and connection to Sydney leave at 1015 at terminal 2c. The airport website says to leave 70 minutes to get between the two. However I only have 65!!

I've emailed air France who somehow reckon I have 1hr 30 in between don't know how.

Basically is 1hr 5 minutes enough time to get between the 2 terminals?

Thanks in advance

18 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,177 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG connection

Is this trip booked as one ticket or 2 separate tickets?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,940 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG connection

You have less than that, the gate will close sometime before that, at the latest 10. Did you buy the ticket direct from the airline?

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG connection

The ticket is booked as one ticket from air france... and baggage is checked through to Sydney so I just need to transit.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,940 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG connection

I would not want to that connection with such a long haul flight at risk. Even a short delay to that HOP flight will make it almost impossible to connect. If you miss it then you will be rebooked but will most likely be the next day.

I would try to get AF to change the flight, I guess to the night before. Contact with them tends to work best through Facebook

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG connection

"The airport website says to leave 70 minutes to get between the two. "

Where did you see that? With one ticket it shouldn't take 70 minutes under normal circumstances. There is no immigration to go though, just security (dedicated for flight connections) and the flight connections bus. See below which estimates 40 minutes. Still, 65 minutes is not a lot of time so you'll need to move along quickly.

"easycdg.com/passenger-information/…"

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,940 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG connection

Brian,the gate will close at least 15 mins earlier so that leaves 50mins

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG connection

HOP lands at terminal 2G, this is a satellite terminal served by a bus connection.

You must know exactly what gate at which terminal you Etihad flight leaves for Abu Dhabi. If you get it wrong you are stuffed, you have no room to be delayed or get off at the wrong terminal.

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CDG connection

I'm sure I read the 70 minutes on Charles De Gaulle website information for transitting passengers.

My e ticket definately tells me i will land in 2e .Also how would I know what gate the next etihad flight is leaving from prior to landing?

I've heard back from air France who now state they've checked the reservation and indeed there is not enough time to connect and advised me to speak to agency I booked through. This was flight centre so going to try them next. I did question the short lay over at time of booking but they assured me it must be enough time or they wouldn't let it be booked as a through ticket.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,940 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CDG connection

So you didn't book directly with the airline ! Now the airline cannot change the flights without Flight center asking them and they ill want money from you ! I have checked on the AF website and they donot seem to sell the flight combination that you have. My understanding is that if you do not meet the min. connection time the airline are not obliged to rebook you if you misconnect

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CDG connection

Okay im going to speak to flight centre. I cannot see it either anymore to book as that same combination now fly out of newcastle at 0600 which will allow 1hr 45mins to connect.

Reply to: CDG connection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted