We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swiss airline carry on

14 posts
Save Topic
swiss airline carry on

So I am looking at traveling to Europe for 2 weeks with a tortuga setout. I am going to be getting some compression packing cubes and packing light as most of the layers ill need will be worn as I am traveling. I see swiss airlines allow hand baggage that is 55 x 40 x 23 cm. When I packed my bag to the brim and compressed it down with the attached straps i was able to get it down to 55 x 39x 24cm, Do you think they would let me slide? id be flying from berlin to barcelona and 3 days later from barcelona to amsterdam with stop over of an hour in zurich. i have added pics with a moleskin as reference. any help would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/315btj8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/11qkb5y.jpg[/IMG]

3 replies to this topic
Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swiss airline carry on

Keep in mind that while you may be able to comply with the measurements you also have the weight limit of 8kg. I'm flying Swiss in 4 months for the first time and experience has taught me that it is easier to comply with the rules than to stress about it. For that reason I have now accumulated carry-on bags in 4 different sizes, so one of them will fit.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swiss airline carry on

Note that more and more airlines are enforcing not just the size limits, but the weight limits on carry on baggage. This was noted in a photo discussion forum that I frequent - where many camera bags are advertised as "meeting all carry on baggage criteria" or similar without regard to weight. Most Asian and Pacific routes seem to have a 7kg limit - it is not always enforced, but the enforcement seems to be picking up.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,844 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swiss airline carry on

The last time I flew Swiss no one measured carry on bags, didn't have to put them into a sizing frame and no one weighed them -- but after all that - no one can promise you anything - the airline has the right to insist that you comply with the measurements on their site.

Reply to: swiss airline carry on
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted