We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar int'l to Japan domestic

Manila, Philippines
10 posts
Save Topic
Jetstar int'l to Japan domestic

We booked a Jetstar flight in March from Manila to Sapporo, with a connection in Osaka. ETA Osaka is 0530 and ETD for Sapporo is at 0800, same day. The ticket was bought on one booking.

1. Will Jetstar transfer our baggage directly to the connecting flight?

2. If not, is the time allowance enough?

The Jetstar website doesn't provide clear guidelines on luggage transfer. Does anyone else have an experience with transfers from an international Jetstar flight to a domestic flight?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar int'l to Japan domestic

When you arrive in Japan at Osaka you need to clear immigration and customs, and that always means picking up your bags.

My guess is you would have to go back to the check in area and drop your luggage.

Manila, Philippines
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar int'l to Japan domestic

Thanks MapleG. I guess the only way to find out is when I drop off my bags at the check-in counter in manila.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar int'l to Japan domestic

It's 100% guaranteed you have to pick up luggage in Osaka. Japan screens all passengers at initial port of entry and that includes you getting you luggage and going out through customs. Some airlines have a counter or drop off area just as you exit customs /immigration where you can drop off your luggage for the next flight, but not sure Jetstar offers that. As a lower priced airline, I doubt it very much. Plus, the Jetstar site says this:

If you're transferring between domestic flights or between international and domestic flights, in most cases you’ll need to collect your baggage, check in again and transfer your bags.

----

As to whether time is enough, hard to tell, but it is all on one ticket. I would be asking the Jetstar staff on board from Manila

Edited: 22 January 2018, 08:02
Reply to: Jetstar int'l to Japan domestic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;