We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

13 posts
How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

I have 3 Apple Iphone 7 plus and 1 samsung j7 and 1 Samsung tab. Please tell me if I can carry all of them with me as 1 is office phone and I use other 3 for personal use and Tab for entertainment. I am flying from Singapore to Delhi in Air India. Can someone tell me if it will be allowed with any fine on plane .?

51 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,574 posts
478 reviews
21. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't regard having more than one personal phone as suspicious. I don't think there will be any problem for the OP.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
22. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

Each year I take to Thailand my IPhone 6 which I replace my UK Sim for a Thai Sim and put it in my wife's Iphone 4 with roaming firmly switched off to periodically check for any messages during our 4 month stay and an old phone in which I put another Thai Sim so that we can communicate with each other when not together. So that is 3. Does that make me a drug dealer? 😉

Almeria Spain
Level Contributor
595 posts
23. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

Can understand 3, but 4? Drug dealer or terrorist.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
24. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

Come on. Don't be ridiculous! or is it It takes one to know one? ;-)

Edited: 24 January 2018, 05:43
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,574 posts
478 reviews
25. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

I know people who have 3 or 4 phones. They use them for different things eg one for family, one for giving to websites, one for friends, and so on. They buy different phones and different call plans depending on what they are going to do with each one. None of them are terrorists or drug dealers.

Personally, I find having one challenging enough.

13 posts
26. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

I am using this phone so .. these are old phones .. So Custom may not question on used phoneswhich are still being used

13 posts
27. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

So After all this I am planning to leave one phone ain singapore only as I have a Samsung J7 which is dual sm.. That means 3 phones I will carry with a tablet. Is that ok?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,771 posts
149 reviews
28. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

May I ask a simple question OP

Who do you think you are connecting with via this forum ? Airline personnel, Tax folks, Customs and immigration officers

The answer is NONE of the above. We are fellow travelers and post here based on our own experience in traveling around the world - so asking us if something is ok .. makes no sense at all

If we said yes -- and you go caught in customs carrying x phones, what are you going to say -- the TA forum told you it was ok ?

The answer to your question is -- please do as you see fit. Take 3,4,5 a dozen phones

UK
Level Contributor
9,478 posts
26 reviews
29. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

I am another one who has more than one mobile phone, and I usually travel with at least two. I have an Iphone with my UK SIM, an old Nokia with a German SIM and another old Nokia with a Canadian SIM. The phones stay in my bag when I go through security, and I suspect that half the time Security don't even notice them. Customs has never been a problem either, but of course that could be different in countries like India - most of my travel is in the EU or to Canada.

And I think the idea of "multiple phones => potential drug dealer" is rather ludcrous!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
30. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

Actually drug dealers do tend to have multiple mobile phones. But that's not to say everyone with multiple phones must be a drug dealer.

Reply to: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted