We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

13 posts
How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

I have 3 Apple Iphone 7 plus and 1 samsung j7 and 1 Samsung tab. Please tell me if I can carry all of them with me as 1 is office phone and I use other 3 for personal use and Tab for entertainment. I am flying from Singapore to Delhi in Air India. Can someone tell me if it will be allowed with any fine on plane .?

51 replies to this topic
hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
41. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

"I can show them the boxx"

Bringing the boxes is probably a very bad idea. The relative prices are meaningless. What matters is what the customs officer thinks you plan to do with the phones.

There should be no problem with bringing your possessions that you expect to use on your trip, but anything you leave behind is automatically something that you've imported. I can't imagine any normal person carrying around the box to a phone that they're actively using, but somebody who's planning to sell a phone or give it as a gift might want to have it in its original box. Bringing the boxes with you would be an excellent way to make customs think that you're importing the phones and that they should be subject to the relevant import duties.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
330 reviews
42. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

A+1 to the above - bringing them in a box is a very bad idea indeed, and if seen by customs you should expect them to view it as you importing them. They will not care how old they are, will have no interest in their IMEI numbers, they will ask you why you took them out of the country in their boxes, and why they arrive back in boxes.

13 posts
43. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

Its done... I have been through without any troubles. I kept boxes as I have to shift a little stuff back to my home so that once my project is over I have less thingss to pack. Hope now you guys know why I was carrying boxes. Though you would say now that why have to shift box of a phone. Because I bought that expensiive phones for the first time and dont want to throw boxes . :D :D :D ... Hope you understand. Customs have no probs in that too

2 posts
44. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

Hi.. I got 5 android phones with me in which 2 of them Im using and the rest are for my family member each. Am I allow to bring with me to Pakistan without any trouble. I'll be carrying them in my handbag.

2 posts
45. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

Hi.. I got 5 android phones with me in which 2 of them Im using and the rest are for my family member each. Am I allow to bring with me to Pakistan without any trouble. I'll be carrying them in my handbag.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,121 posts
80 reviews
46. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

have you read any of the previous posts? nobody will care other than perhaps airport security and also the customs i pakistan

47. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

How may old mobiles can be carried on the flight travelling by Emirates?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
11,079 posts
26 reviews
48. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

<<How may old mobiles can be carried on the flight travelling by Emirates?>>

As many as you can put into your hand luggage without overgoing your hand luggage allowance.

49. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

How many phones can i take on a plane

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,774 posts
149 reviews
50. Re: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

The answer my friend, PP is blowing in the wind .. the answer is blowing in the wind....

Reply to: How many mobile phones allowed in a flight?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted