We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UC or PE with Virgin to Orlando

Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
UC or PE with Virgin to Orlando

Orginally posted in Orlando forum but was removed so posting here this time.

I hate flying so 9 hours is going to be hard for me. I also have recently been diagnosed with MS. I dont want this to stop my plans to Florida.

The idea of a flat bed is really appealing to me but trying to work out if the upgrade of £2,000 is worth it.

I flew PE to Florida 6 years ago but my health was good then. So i know what to expect comfort wise although i still expect it to be uncomfortable now im not 100%.

So i guess i would like to hear your experiences on UC with Virgin. Ive watched several videos and the more i watch the more i think im going to be soooo much better off flying this long journey that way.

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UC or PE with Virgin to Orlando

UC is amazing but realistically only you can say whether it’s worth £2k to upgrade. We can all chime in on here but it’s not our money or health.

For me, it wouldn’t be and I’d be happy with PE as it’s a very good product on Virgin. But then I’m in good health and I would rather spend £2k on upgrading my hotel or something else that lasts longer than 18 hours (9 hours there, 9 hours back). I only fly BC when using airmiles because I can’t afford a full fare ticket without penalising other areas of my holiday.

For others, health is key. We see plenty of people on here that do upgrade and they find it very beneficial. I hope you have a lovely holiday and as pain-free as possible, regardless of what you decide.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,889 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UC or PE with Virgin to Orlando

Sorry for your health issues but whether to upgrade or not is a matter of individual choice - I would say yes but I'm not aware of your financial situation and whether £2k is a lot of money to you.

One factor to consider from my experience is that once you flown in a premium cabin it can be more difficult to go backwards which could influence your future travel plans.

Level Contributor
997 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UC or PE with Virgin to Orlando

We always book UC & for us it is worth every extra penny. I have many medical issues, fatigue being one of them & being able to lay in a flat bed and get some sleep on both flights really enhances the journey & impact on my holiday.

Edited: 18 February 2018, 07:30
London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UC or PE with Virgin to Orlando

The differences between PE and UC for 9 hour flight are huge. That’s why it costs that much. I don’t want to discourage you but I know some people who got their physical problem exaggerated after flying long haul in economy.

Upgrade cost is a lot but I guess your health is more important.

Reply to: UC or PE with Virgin to Orlando
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted