We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
261 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice

hey guys, looking at an international multi city book direct with air new zealand. 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 6)

Perth to Auckland (stop over) - December 14th 2018 (direct)

Auckland to Vancouver - December 18th (direct, 777 200ER)

Los Angeles to Rarotonga - January 12th (Direct, only 1 direct per week)

Rarotonga to Perth (Via Auckland with overnight stop). December 23rd

Approx $9000-9100 AUD ( approx $7100 USD)

What do people think, was also looking at qantas via sydney and return via hawaii but we were looking at nearly $2000 more expensive.

7 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,792 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice

Have you considered an Around The World ticket? In Australia Roundabout travel specialize in RTW fares ... we have a Dec-Jan trip Asia, Europe, USA and home via New Zealand for $6,500 P/P ... and that's in business class. They have an extremely good reputation and can give you a quote online within a few hours.

I only suggest this because I have always found multi-city trips really expensive.

Edited: 21 February 2018, 02:48
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice

“looking at an international multi city book direct with air new zealand. 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 6)”

“Approx $9000-9100 AUD ( approx $7100 USD)”

Is this the total for all of you? If it is, I think that is very good price especially travelling from Perth during high season.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
261 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary advice

Yep. That is the total cost for all 4 passengers in economy.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary advice

That certainly looks a very good price for 4, and a single ticket direct from the airline, on one airline all the way, is as clean as it gets. Ordinarily I wouldn't promote looking at fares so far in advance, hang on for a "sale" etc etc, however I think there is far more room for that fare to go up than come down by any significant amount. I agree with post 2 - that looks a good deal for half way round the world and back at peak seasonal.

As a footnote :- somethings not right with your dates (12th Jan & 23rd Dec) as you get back to PER before arriving RAR, however that doesn't matter to us, as long as you got them right with ANZ ;-)

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
261 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary advice

Good pick up joss. Should read January 23. Looks a good deal!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary advice

Ah - that's probably what helps keep it down, you've managed to hit a sweet spot just either side of peak with the 18th being a Tuesday ( a quieter day) and the others either side of holidays. Won't help with hotels tho' :D

Nice find - enjoy

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
261 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary advice

You are spot on with hotels. Going to get stung in some places. We don’t need 5 start though, so we will hopefully find some good stuff.

Reply to: Itinerary advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted