We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking fares to multiple cities in September

Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Booking fares to multiple cities in September

Three questions,a) book now or maybe wait until June... I'm guessing there isn't a direct answer to that, but looking for opinions. And b) in general, would I be better booking Buffalo to Paris roundtrip & then Paris to Dublin as a side trip in between, or multiple cities, buffalo-paris-dublin-buffalo? And c) when do Summer fares drop? I'll do the research but just looking for opinions! Thank you.

10 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

Side trip likely since you can use a low cost carrier such as Ryanair, etc.

UK
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

I would fly Buffalo-JFK/Boston-Dublin as a return trip. These fares are always good value and you could probably get an even cheaper direct flight from Toronto to Dublin.

Book Dublin-Paris as a separate trip and you will have a choice of airlines at various price points depending on what extras your require, like baggage or allocated seating.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
640 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

Personally, If I were planning such a trip, I'd make it a multi-city itinerary -- Buffalo to Paris then Dublin back to Buffalo. You wouldn't have to back track and the added benefit of pre-clearing US CBP in

Dublin, arriving home as a domestic flight. But that's just me.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

IME, summer fares will not drop now. Why would they? It’s a very busy travel time and the lower fare buckets will just sell out. If you wait until June to buy a ticket for this summer, I think odds are you are going to be paying a lot more for your ticket.

Level Contributor
418 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

For good deals on fares, can you fly from Toronto and not BUF? I would do YYV - CDG, DUB- YYV, either as multicity booking or 2 separate tickets whichever comes out cheaper/better times.

The last week of august and pretty much anytime in Sept is good time to go, when the summer demanders have to go back to the classrooms.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,425 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

I'd be looking at fares now, including multi city options, and if I liked what I saw, then I'd book now rather than wait. Of course, what I think of as being good vlaue might not be the same as you, so only you can decide if it's worth booking at the fares you see now, but my instinct is that the prices are more likely to go up than down from now on.

One can never rule out offers, sales and promotions, naturally, but equally in my experience, one can't rely on them either.

Edited: 22 February 2018, 12:58
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

IME, summer fares will not drop now. Why would they?

---------------

Title of thread is Booking fares to multiple cities in September. I don't consider September in Europe to be summer....It is according to calendar to about Sept 21 but rates drop substantially in Sept

Edited: 22 February 2018, 13:02
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

If you can fly from Toronto, it is dirt cheap.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

I don't know when to book but would use the discount carriers in Europe to get around the continent.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking fares to multiple cities in September

You won't know which of all those options is cheapest until you check prices of each.

Try google flights for easy comparisons.

Reply to: Booking fares to multiple cities in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted