We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air New Zealand skycouch

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Air New Zealand skycouch

What’s the lowest price u have paid to ‘upgrade’ to the skycouch. We will be 1 adults and 2 children on the 3 seats. They want $350 at the time of booking. Does the price vary? Mid December flight Auckland to Vancouver

8 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air New Zealand skycouch

That's a good price, we (family of 5) got one last year for AKL-LAX and it cost around $350 and that was at a 50% discount. Just curious to know how many seats in total you will get. As there was 5 of us we actually got 6 seats, the 3 for the skycouch plus 3 normal economy ones.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air New Zealand skycouch

We are 2 adults 2 kids. So I think we would get 3 seats on the window as skycouch. Then a single regular seat on the aisle of the middle 4.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Air New Zealand skycouch

I believe the price varies depending on whether your booking is one adult, two adults, one adult with two kids, one adult with one kid, but I don't think it get cheaper the closer you get to your flight (if that is what you're asking).

I did a dummy booking for two adults AKL to LAX and the additional Skycouch cost was $599 (but I think there is a $100 off promotion at the moment). I think $350 sounds pretty reasonable for AKL to YVR and if your kids are still quite small then it's probably worth it.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air New Zealand skycouch

Thanks guys. It would be 2 kids(4 and 6) and 1 adult. It would seem the 2 kids could maybe both lay down while one of us sits up on the aisle seat. It’s a night flight leaving Auckland 8pm. I have seen sky couch $100 off sales. I will give them a call and see if I can find a compassionate staff member!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air New Zealand skycouch

I'm a bit confused, is it 1 Adult or 2 in total. I tried a dummy booking and with 2A + 2C you can choose 3 different combinations. 1 skycouch + 1 econ seat, 1 skycouch + 2 econ seat or 2 Skycouches. If it's 1A +2C then there are 2 combos, 1 skycouch or 1 skycouch + 1 econ seat.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air New Zealand skycouch

Sorry. In total 2 adults. 2 kids. But was thinking the cheapest way would be 2 kids and 1 adult on the sky couch and 1 standard economy seat across the aisle.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air New Zealand skycouch

You're right it would be the cheapest way. If your kids are small enough to both lie down,side by side, in two seats plus the raised leg rest that would be fine. However if you could afford the second option, 1 skycouch + 2 econ seats I would go for that, even if just for one of the flights.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air New Zealand skycouch

Our flights are mid December to Vancouver. I am assuming that this is a peak period and in all likelihood the flight will be full?

Reply to: Air New Zealand skycouch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted