We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London- Bangkok

London, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
London- Bangkok

I am looking to travel for the first time to Bangkok from London and was wondering if anyone had any opinons for the following options please. In direct flight with Etihad row A economy with extra leg room and an 2 over stop off or a direct flight with Thai airways with no extra leg room or non of the above! Thank you

18 replies to this topic
Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
164 reviews
1. Re: London- Bangkok

I've own with Thai and Etihad... Personally I prefer to stop halfway and ours usually have been 2 hour layovers. I find the direct ones too much. That's just personal opinion. Found both good airlines. If you can get the extra leg room then that sounds good.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
118 reviews
2. Re: London- Bangkok

I'll throw EvaAir into the mix. You'll struggle to get a better option to BKK plus it's a direct flight.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,811 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: London- Bangkok

My preferred carrier for a non stop LHR to BKK would always be EVA air. Of course everybody's circs are different and their budget but, if there's a non stop way of getting from A to B, I'd always prefer to find a non stop option, even if it costs a tad more. I watch prices and check for sales to keep prices down for my needs.

SWT

London, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: London- Bangkok

I have heard good things about EVA but they are coming out more then Thai for a change. Do you know roughly when either will have a sale, I just fear from now on the prices will only go one way. I am stuck in two minds, The thought of stopping off and stretching the feet sounds good but then again the misses just wants to get on (sleep) and get it over and done with. EVA use 777 on their night flights?

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,811 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: London- Bangkok

When do you want to travel to BKK, and for how long? That may help those forum regulars who are good on those flight deals to make some suggestions for you.

SWT

London, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: London- Bangkok

Cheers SWT. I am looking to fly 3/1/19 coming home around the 21//19 but will be coming back from HKT. I could travel back up to BKK if need be but we finish our holidays in Phuket.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
118 reviews
7. Re: London- Bangkok

Finnair have flights on their website leaving LHR 3/1/19 returning from HKT on 22/1/19 for £586pp.

If you use your dates it's £671pp. I think at the time of year that you're travelling the prices are excellent. Flight durations are good too with both departures and arrival times very good.

Edited: 10 April 2018, 15:49
Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
164 reviews
8. Re: London- Bangkok

Etihad are under 600. But stopping adds hours. Personally I prefer it.

Depending on your plans in Thailand some airlines like Etihad and Emirates plus others probably I think both fly into phuket and possibly koh Samui. You could consider flying into and out of different cities.

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
164 reviews
9. Re: London- Bangkok

Neither Etihad nor Emirates fly in to Samui...the furthest distance served from Samui nonstop is central China.

Qatar flies to Krabi, however.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,699 posts
404 reviews
10. Re: London- Bangkok

and I confirm Emirates fly to Phuket

You can buy an EK ticket to Bangkok and out of Phuket

SS

Reply to: London- Bangkok