We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

2 posts
1 review
Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

They have the cheapest tickets online, and I'm booking a flight from Edmonton to Abbotsford. There won't be any stops so I don't risk missing my next flight. Please give me ur opinion/ experience with them

https://ykca.cheapfaresnow.com/cart.html?AirSID=190902614&FARE=349790542&SesnID=76340461

28 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

Check the same dates with the actual airlines and book directly with them.

All those cheap travel discount sites are search engines, they don't save you a dime and if you have a problem, need to change flight etc having a middleman only complicates matters.

Edited: 08 May 2018, 23:58
Comox Valley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
200 reviews
2. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

Totally agree... book direct. WJ has a sale on...check it out. Usually Abby flights are pretty reasonable.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,123 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

When you find you are hearing the cheap air fairy calling, check the T&Cs of any fare offering. You will no doubt find: no refunds, no changes, no cancellation grace period, no customer service.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,192 posts
113 reviews
4. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

Sometimes also no luggage included or ability to select a seat. The fares they show are more than likely not to be live, as only the airline has live prices available.

The script is 1. punter makes a booking request of the online ticket flogger (OTF); 2. OTF then later on checks to see if they can get a ticket for that price; 3. If so they book; 4. If they cannot then they either a) ask for more money as "the fare has gone up", b) say that your payment did not go through or; 3. dont tell you anything and you do npt follow up,turn up at the airport and have no flight.

Another scenario is that if the airline alters the flight times it is not uncommon for the OTF not to advise you. The airline will not deal with you direct as you are NOT their customer.

2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

The price for booking with the actual Arline is about two times as expensive

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
113 reviews
6. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

You asked for advice. Four regulars on this forum with 70,373 posts combined answered uniformly that there is likely to be a hidden catch. You are blowing off the comments. Suggest you go ahead and hit the "purchase now" button and see if the fare matches what you thought it was going to be.

La Plata, Argentina
Level Contributor
4 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

A bit late maybe... but take a look at this and decide for yourself:

https:/…ykmx.cheapfaresnow.com

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,130 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

My son booked a cheap flight through one if those cheap sites, to travel to his sister’s wedding, 3 days before departure they emailed him to tell him his flight was cancelled, and they’d refund him. However booking with a main airline at that point cost twice the amount. Had he booked with the airline directly, and they removed that one flight, they’d have put him in another at no extra cost.

Saving a few dollars today may cost lots later.

Edited: 27 May 2018, 12:31
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
9. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

I had absolutely no issues booking an international flight with them. Honestly, I panicked a bit after reading some reviews on the company, but my boyfriend and I just returned last night from a trip to the Bahamas, which we would have struggled to afford if we'd paid full price with the airlines. We had 3 connecting flights (4 total each way) and it all went smoothly.

Granted we didnt need to contact them to change anything and we were travelling with just carry-ons, and were super early for everything (just in case!)

I can't speak for everyone else, but our experience was a positive one. I wish I had read a few positive reviews to put my mind at ease before our flights. I think it's easy for people to review when things don't go well, but I'm sure there are plenty of other happy customers out there as well.

I'd personally not hesitate to book with them again, especially for a shorter domestic flight. Hope that helps!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?

Thank you #9 for your first post.

I am glad that there was a positive outcome.

You have put my mind at rest.

Reply to: Is CheapFaresNow reliable?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted