We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need last minute airfare to Las Vegas (from NYC). Help?!

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
621 posts
2 reviews
Need last minute airfare to Las Vegas (from NYC). Help?!

I think I waited too long. Tickets are now ~$600!

Need to get there Friday, August 3 morning or early afternoon and return Sunday late or Monday morning August 5/6.

Any advice?! Should I wait or is ~$600 the best I'm going to do this late in the game?

4 replies to this topic
Fsr
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: Need last minute airfare to Las Vegas (from NYC). Help?!

All based on supply and demand. If the flight is fairly full it’s unlikely you will find a cheap fair. Have you looked for connecting flights also?

Edited: 11 July 2018, 12:15
2. Re: Need last minute airfare to Las Vegas (from NYC). Help?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 July 2018, 12:24

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,361 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: Need last minute airfare to Las Vegas (from NYC). Help?!

I use google flights and at times Matrix to see what the prices are and then use Kayak as well. They have "hacker fares" where they do two one one tickets on different airlines to bring the price down. Southwest is another option to look at but they are nowhere the LCC they were touted to be

Kayak also has an indicator which shows ---buy, wait and while they are not 100% accurate it is a much better indication of whether to wait and I would use that over asking a bunch of strangers on a forum with due respect to my colleagues here

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,223 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: Need last minute airfare to Las Vegas (from NYC). Help?!

Do a search on Orbitz to get an idea of what is available on various airlines. Appears that you can do better than $600, but may require some flexibility as to departure airport, etc.

Reply to: Need last minute airfare to Las Vegas (from NYC). Help?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted