We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

I will be reaching Bangkok via Thai Airways at 5:05 AM and I intend to catch Viejet Flight to Krabi at 7:10 am.

Can anyone suggest me how should I proceed and will I get enough time to catch my flight

6 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,845 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Hi,

With the assumption that:

A) you do NOT need Thai visa to enter Thailand, and

B) you are NOT selected for secondary/extra screening at immigration or customs...

It should take you about :60 to a maximum of :90 to get off the plane, walk to immigration, clear immigration, wait for baggage, pass through customs and lastly go two floor upstairs to the departures level.

I have cleared in less than :45 or even occasionally around :30.... but I’ve also had it take well more than :60 as well... so it’s a matter of luck and what’s going on in the airport just before you arrive.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 19 September 2018, 07:22
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Since I will be travelling from India, I do need Thai Visa which I have taken in advance so will not be opting on Visa on arrival.

Bangkok, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,845 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Hi,

Then so long as you do have the proper visa for entry and you’re not selected for secondary inspection — :60 to :90 on the long side and maybe :45 to :30 if you’re lucky on the short side.

Travel Safe,

UK
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Do you need to check luggage onto the Vietjet flight? What time does their check-in desk close? This would be a very tight connection even on a good day.

Level Contributor
6,282 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Would not be two seperate ticketed flights i would be trying to make.

Check in according to vietjet closes 40 mins before your flight, so you have 1hr 20 mins to get off your flight, walk to immigration, go thru immigration, collect bags (if you have checked bags), go up stairs and line up for check in.

All its going to take is a late arrival, or a long line at immigration and your screwed.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Thanks for your inputs ppl. Got fair idea about transfers.

Reply to: International to Domestic Transfers at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted