We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

So my question is, will I be refunded or given flight credit?

Ryanair state on their website:

We can’t allow expectant mothers to fly beyond the following dates:

For an uncomplicated single pregnancy, travel is not permitted beyond the end of the 36th week of pregnancy

For an uncomplicated twins, triplets etc. pregnancy, travel is not permitted beyond the end of the 32nd week of pregnancy.

Therefore has anyone ever been refunded or given flight credit? I have a feeling they probably won't issue me it, but its worth a try right?

13 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,888 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

I doubt you'll get either a refund or credit from the airline - you'll just be denied boarding as not fit to fly.

It might be covered by your travel insurance subject to the policy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

No I don't think it's even worth a try. You are not fit to fly. Ryanair will just deny you boarding.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

Why would Ryanair refund you? Did they cause your condition?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

You can ask. They will probably say no. You move on.

You could ask your travel insurance but chances are they will also say no to be honest.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

No of course they didnt cause my condition! But I got pregnant after booking, so thought it was worth an ask.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,420 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

They won't refund because you got pregnant and can't travel, and I can't see them giving you a credit either. If that option was available it would say so on their website. You could read your travel insurance policy and see if pregnancy due to being too many weeks to fly is covered under the cancellation section, but I wouldn't hold my breath to be honest.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,694 posts
77 reviews
7. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

I have yet to see a travel insurance policy that covers pregnancy. It is considered a "preventable condition" , not an emergency.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

Thank you everyone for your replies. I think ill just rebook other flights and pay the charge.

Hucknall, United...
Level Contributor
529 posts
152 reviews
9. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

I used to work for a large airline and it was always a flat-out no regarding this sort of situation. It's horribly blunt to say it but as others have said it is a preventable condition. Of course there are accidents that happen but ultimately it's not the airline's problem in any way and I doubt travel insurance would cover you unless there was a complication of some kind. You could always ask, however, but I would expect a firm no.

Edited: 22 September 2018, 13:32
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair

I think you'll either need to re-book the flights or eat the cost.

Reply to: 40 weeks pregnant Ryanair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted