We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?

Hi I’m flying from London to Washing dc (IAD) I have 1hour 45 minuets to get to my connecting flight to Orlando. I land at IAD on a Tuesday at 10:55am my Orlando flight leaves at 12:45. I’m worried we won’t have enough time to make the Orlando flight. Has anyone else done this connection? How did it go?

Many thanks

Helen.

6 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,159 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: 1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?

I'd be worried too. In that 1hr 45min you have to clear US immigration and customs, recheck any hold baggage at the desks just after Customs, and get to the gate for the Orlando flight before it closes

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: 1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?

Hopefully this is all booked as one ticket. If so then the airline will put you on the next flight with available seats. May be next flight, next day. Who knows.

On separate tickets your chances are slim.

Good luck.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,814 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: 1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?

You asked the same question back in July. Other than it seems you've lost 5 minutes, has something else changed in your circumstances since then?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

SWT

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: 1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?

Nope just forgotten I had already asked. Clearly it’s something I am worried about.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: 1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?

Plenty of time. You're flying in on UA123 from Heathrow I think? United have their own immigration and transfer facility underneath their gates at Dulles. Makes it very easy. Now if it was Newark it would be marginal and if O'Hare impossible.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: 1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?

Thank you! I’ve been spending to much time worrying about this. It’s my first time doing a connecting flight. The saving was just to good not to.

Reply to: 1hour 45 enough time to catch a connecting flight?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted