We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Club World advice

Scranton...
6 posts
BA Club World advice

Hi, I am planning to give BA Club world a try but recently got to see the different seating in which you sit in front of other person. I am getting round trip for about 3.3k to usa to India. Can anyone tell/advice me if its worth it? Below are the flights I will be taking for this trip:

a)BA0172,BA0143,BA0142,BA0185

12 replies to this topic
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: BA Club World advice

Are you flying on your own or with others?

Scranton...
6 posts
2. Re: BA Club World advice

on my own.

Edited: 22 September 2018, 16:36
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,266 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: BA Club World advice

Whether it's worth it is a highly subjective question. I personally don't mind the yin-yang layout and there's a privacy screen you can put up after take-off so it's not like you're stuck looking into the face of stranger during the flight.

Scranton...
6 posts
4. Re: BA Club World advice

Thanks, so can you please give me a general review of this BA product? Also should i prefer 747 or 787 club world?

Surbiton, United...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: BA Club World advice

I have no problem with the ying yang seating and the window seats are nice and private. Worth going in the 747 if you can get into the bubble. Quieter, less crowded and downright more exclusive!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,266 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: BA Club World advice

The general consensus seems to be that the upper deck on the 747 is the way to go when flying CW. It's the only CW product I've tried and I found it really nice but I don't fly longhaul very often so don't have a lot to compare with. For reviews, check out airlinequality.com. Much depends on what alternatives you have on the route you're flying.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: BA Club World advice

If you are flying on your own then avoid the two middle seats that are together and face backwards. If you are happy to pay for seat reservations I’d suggest you try for a window seat.

Only you can decide whether the extra cost is worth it but Club is a very noticeable upgrade from World Traveller Plus on long haul flights. If I could afford it I’d pay for a flat bed every time.

Scranton...
6 posts
8. Re: BA Club World advice

thanks a lot everyone for their feedback :)

Edited: 22 September 2018, 18:31
Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
19,766 posts
61 reviews
9. Re: BA Club World advice

Having just flown home from Boston in BA Club I was less than impressed.The ying yang seating was dreadful IMHO. My travel companion had a window seat and when her bed was made up, the only way she could get out was to clamber over her bed and then the bed of the passenger in the aisle seat in the row behind. I had an aisle seat and there was no privacy whatsoever when I wanted to sleep, as I was looking directly at the person opposite me and my bed was open to the aisle.

Thankfully I was on a non revenue ticket as I would have been quite upset if I'd paid thousands of pounds for it. I can't imagine how a person with limited mobility would have coped in the window seat.

This was on a 777 but I'm guessing Club is the same on all BA aircraft.

If you do decide to go with Club I think an aisle seat would be best for a solo traveller.

Edited: 22 September 2018, 18:58
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: BA Club World advice

There are a few rows on each plane that have direct aisle access to the window seats. Seat Guru can advise if you know which plane you’re on.

Reply to: BA Club World advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted