We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ANA - refund fee

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
49 reviews
ANA - refund fee

I am looking at booking Lufthansa flights on the ANA website (as they are significantly cheaper there than on the Lufthansa website). When booking 'Business Basic' it states that refunds are permitted "with a fee" but I am struggling to find what that fee is and if there is a time limit etc, for getting a refund if I need to cancel the flights. Does anyone know where I can find this info? I'm assuming the ANA refund policy applies even though the flights are Lufthansa... Thanks in advance.

Edited: 01 November 2018, 14:44
13 replies to this topic
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
224 reviews
1. Re: ANA - refund fee

The fare rules will be the better option to determine the details. No value in assumptions. The term "significantly cheaper" is subjective at best. Ideally state the end result and not the perceived method to accomplish the end result.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: ANA - refund fee

Thanks but the subjectivity of the term 'significantly cheaper' is completely irrelevant to my question. If you must know, the cost of the flights I want to book on the ANA website is 2500 EUR per person, for the same flights on the Lufthansa website is 4300 EUR per person. Do you know the answer to my question?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,086 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: ANA - refund fee

The ANA website is not very helpful and says to call in and talk to a representative.

I would ask on the ANA (NH) flyertalk forum...if anyone knows, it would be them.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: ANA - refund fee

Thank you, MapleG. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the ANA website unhelpful!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
34,180 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: ANA - refund fee

I found it very easy to find the fees concerned (on the US site).

Search for and select your flights. Just before the payment page it shows the flights and provides links to the fare rules - https://bit.ly/2SDo2Bl

Selecting the rules for each flight gives the fees concerned - https://bit.ly/2SDfXgg

Btw, are you sure the fares are different? ANA's search shows the one way fares, so the round trip is the sum of both flights.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,881 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: ANA - refund fee

Found it!

https://www.ana.co.jp/be1/int/eng/deperture/

It seems to vary by routing which I don’t know, but you can look it up. Looks like business basic would come under the special fares column.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
49 reviews
7. Re: ANA - refund fee

#5 and #6 - perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you both very much!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
49 reviews
8. Re: ANA - refund fee

And USBT - yes I was comparing the total cost. 10,000 vs 17,200 for 4 pax. The cheaper fare buckets weren't available on the Lufthansa site but were on the ANA site.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
434 reviews
9. Re: ANA - refund fee

I think you will find if you book on any website including other airlines websites other than LH you will not be able to choose your seats until 24 hours prior to departure, this goes for all classes of service if I am not mistaken. But, if you are going to save a lot, then I probably would go for it on the ANA website.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
49 reviews
10. Re: ANA - refund fee

YVR1, I have now booked and I was able to 'request' specific seats from a map with current availability on it.

Reply to: ANA - refund fee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted