We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet UK flight cancelled July 28- EU261 paymenf not rec

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Easyjet UK flight cancelled July 28- EU261 paymenf not rec

I am from Canada and first submitted my claim to Easyjet on August 2018. Claim/expenses was approved but I still have not receive any payment to my bank account. It has been more than 3 months already. Each time different customer rep asked for my bank sort code and each time I replied with my banking details with a swift code that my bank provided me the details to provide to Easyjet. Canadian bank don’t have 9 digits sort code unlike US bank.

Their email as below going back and forth for 3 months still asking for my sort code ????

“We require your bank details in order to process your payment. Please provide us with the following details that we require to process your claim.

Please respond to this email with the details requested below:

BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER -

SORT CODE -

If we don’t receive a response within 21 days from today then we will consider your case closed and you’ll need to resubmit a new webform on the link provided below.

Anyone in Canada has experience cancelled Easyjet filight and get their payment into their bank account with no problem?

4 replies to this topic
bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Easyjet UK flight cancelled July 28- EU261 paymenf not rec

Approach your bank and get the IBAN number for your account. Give Easyjet that number, as well as the other account information, as it’s your account’s international code number.

South of England
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
185 reviews
2. Re: Easyjet UK flight cancelled July 28- EU261 paymenf not rec

Ditto on above.

For an overseas payment I would expect them to need the SWIFT and IBAN numbers.

London
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Easyjet UK flight cancelled July 28- EU261 paymenf not rec

From recollection, SWIFT payments are expensive and labour intensive - can't see Easyjet offering this. Could you not ask them to post the compensation to your credit card?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
280 reviews
4. Re: Easyjet UK flight cancelled July 28- EU261 paymenf not rec

As it’s EUR compensation, they will be looking for an account with IBAN to transfer the money via SEPA

A swift payment is not any more difficult than SEPA, but would be slightly more expensive for Easy Jet(prob 4 eur instead of 1, banking cost)

Other alternative is to ask them to send you a cheque in EUR.. then you lodge through your local bank

Reply to: Easyjet UK flight cancelled July 28- EU261 paymenf not rec
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted