We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Thailand via Korean Airlines (Delta codeshare)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
114 reviews
Travelling to Thailand via Korean Airlines (Delta codeshare)

I'm looking at travel to Bangkok on Delta (Platinum status already) and the only affordable airfares are economy through Incheon (from the USA) and wondering 2 things:

1) how bad/good is economy overall at $2.5k? is it worth it to suck it up and pay $6K for business?

2) I can't tell if they will feed me anything at all from the Delta website....I know I'll have to look it up on the Korean Airlines' website, but I'm hoping if anyone here can advise.

I should add that I'm booking with enough time for a few hours delay to get there and I don't care about my return. I'm planning on a tour of Northern Thailand with Intrepid Tours, fyi.

Thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Travelling to Thailand via Korean Airlines (Delta codeshare)

<<travel to Bangkok on Delta .... through Incheon (from the USA)>> <<how bad/good is economy overall at $2.5k>>

Sorry, I cannot brain read your intentions.

If you would kindly give the starting city, and the dates (out- and inbound) then somebody maybe could give you an answer.

2.5k seems a lot but then again, from where, when and for how long does matter.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: Travelling to Thailand via Korean Airlines (Delta codeshare)

Sorry, I did not get more specific than just saying USA to Bangkok, but after I did post this, I realized I may have posted in the wrong forum. I spent some time reviewing the threads in this one before I posted however, then afterwards, I looked for other forums (in TripAdvisor) that detailed much more information on Korean Airlines.

So, I booked it! My routing is as follows: MSY-->LAX-->Incheon--->BKK and then returning same except Incheon -->ATL-->MSY. It cost me around $2k in economy. And, my dates are the last week of this year in December.

Edited: 21 November 2018, 01:02
Reply to: Travelling to Thailand via Korean Airlines (Delta codeshare)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted