We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asap ticket service

Sarasota, Florida...
Level Contributor
931 posts
22 reviews
asap ticket service

Anyone used this ticket service lately? Am trying to book about 12 seats from Tampa, Florida to Florence, Italy. ASAP quoted price is about $400 cheaper than using the airlines websites.

They are providing service through Brussels Airlines with connections to American Airlines.

I saw some posts regarding asap tickets, but they were all more than a year old and I'd like to hear from someone who has used them more recently. Thanks.

246 replies to this topic
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,529 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: asap ticket service

I had never heard of them.

I played around a little on their website. I have been looking at a flight DSM-AMS in September. Delta airlines fare is $1118. asap fare for the same route and date is $765 and $849- One fare they call "flex" and the other 'ASAP Special fare'

On their homepage they have a BIG bannner that states all sample fares shown include all taxes and fees. Then, after entering my flight details it gives me the $765 and $849 (no mention anywhere if this includes tax or not) price and at the very bottom of the page in very tiny print it says this....

”Flexible Fare” is the lowest price for cheaper travel dates from the searched departure city to the searched destination city found by other users for alternate dates. “ASAP Special” is the lowest price from the U.S. (any city) to the searched destination country/region (any city) found by other users for alternate dates.

So, when you see the extremely low fare it may not be from your city or for your dates, even though you already entered your travel dates.

Have you called them yet?

Edited: 26 March 2011, 19:42
Sarasota, Florida...
Level Contributor
931 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: asap ticket service

Yes, I called them. The fares were significantly lower than booking through the airlines or through orbitz, travelocity, etc.

The connections, however, were not great. 5 hr layover here. 6 hr layover there, etc.

Also, do you know anything about Brussels Airlines? Saw one reviewer complaining that the seats were really tight and uncomfortable.

Not sure what I will do. Your thoughts?

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: asap ticket service

They are tight seats. The average flight isn't so long though. Be sure that you have one ticket and not two cobbled together.

Sarasota, Florida...
Level Contributor
931 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: asap ticket service

Thanks.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
121 reviews
5. Re: asap ticket service

I wouldn't want to be with the other eleven people if things went wrong!

6. Re: asap ticket service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 September 2012, 08:35

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: asap ticket service

Thanks for just happening to stop by, sign up toaday to reply to an 18 month old thread Sarah. Hope your day at ASAP goes well.

Edited: 10 September 2012, 03:10
New York City, New...
3 posts
8. Re: asap ticket service

well apparently people still come across this thread just as i did today.. but thanks for taking the time to respond to my update on an 18 month old thread ;)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
41,099 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: asap ticket service

MrMarcoos--I'm with you. My thoughts exactly. Sarah though--apparently works a night shift!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: asap ticket service

Well rdglady the website does say they can be contacted day or night....

I fancy a trip to NYC from LON this Friday (maybe I'll see Sarah) so I thought I'd check the prices... Expedia's cheapest is $715 (£448) but ASAP tickets comes out at £$499 (£312).

That's amazing, it's almost too good to be true... but i have to call or skype them to book, I wonder why?

Reply to: asap ticket service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted