We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Tour Operators TOD Charges

London, England
Level Contributor
8,182 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
British Tour Operators TOD Charges

I have been looking at various British Tour Operator websites for a late booking holiday, departing 11 June. I find it unacceptable that in this day and age of electronic ticketing that all the major TOs are charging £15pp for a TOD (ticket on departure).

When I worked in the travel industry you collected the ticket at the airport desk at no extra cost.. They must employ people full time to concot extra charges to pass on to the traveller.

It is very rare that I book a package deal and now I know why.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Tour Operators TOD Charges

Some airlines charge £15 if you pay with a credit card.

They charge what they can get away with, not what it costs them.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,182 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Tour Operators TOD Charges

peterscot

Yes, I am aware of all the extras that airlines charge as I often travel with Ryanair, Easyjet etc... I just find these money making ways so aggravating and yes, I do have a choice, not to book. However, these days they all seem to have you by the 'short and curlies'.

Having said that, we often go to France on the ferry and are going to Avignon on Eurostar, both of which, do not appear to have too many adverse charges YET.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,603 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British Tour Operators TOD Charges

All businesses including those in the travel sector will charge what they believe the consumer will pay unless they are covered by some regularatory regime.

The only way to change this is to vote with your feet and in the event that enough consumers elect to go elsewhere then the business will be forced to change its pricing structure or it will cease to exist.

TomC

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British Tour Operators TOD Charges

Totally agree with you OP.

5. Re: British Tour Operators TOD Charges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 02:16