We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turkish airlines

New York City
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
turkish airlines

How is the service on Turkish Airlines? Flying from NYC to Israel and wondering if they are usually on time, how do they do with checked baggage, how are they re. service etc. etc.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turkish airlines

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/turkish.htm

this might help

DUS
Level Contributor
657 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turkish airlines

Hi Stella,

what cabin class?

Can talk only about a number of TK medium haul flights DUS-IST yet, have used both eco and biz.

The very best I can say about TK is the outstanding quality of meals, also in eco.

Seating in eco is okay (mint leather surface) - but in Biz many cabins still come with angled seats; which was okay in a 4 hrs leg, but is a big drawback to me for long hauls - even since their european based geo-pricing is not amongst the hot deals often.

No clue about TATL hauls, but in my DUS-IST flights they were more often delayed [1-3 hrs] than in time.

Overall rating: If you can get a good deal, no worries to go for it.

Cheers

KK

New York City
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: turkish airlines

Thanks for the feedback. It would be in economy and on a long haul flight.

New York City
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: turkish airlines

thanks for the link

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: turkish airlines

Just flew them from JFK to IST roundtrip last week and found them to be very good. Assuming the flights, fares and schedules you're comparing are comparable, I would definitely go with Turkish over a US based carrier. The inflight service was very professional and friendly and the food was plentiful and quite good. The aircraft used was a 777-300 with individual IFE monitors at each seat with VOD. Check-in process at both JFK and IST was a bit chaotic and boarding was first come first served after business class was called. Departure from JFK was on time and a slight departure delay from IST, but an on time arrival. Have you checked El Al non-stop from JFK or Newark? I found their service on the ground and in the air to be very good, but their IFE not so great.

DUS
Level Contributor
657 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: turkish airlines

Hi whirlwind,

interesting review and nice read.

Thx for sharing

KK

New York City
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: turkish airlines

Thanks for this thoughtful reply.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
203 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: turkish airlines

We did LHR-IST-AYT recently in economy and it was really good. Short / medium business class isn't worth the premium.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: turkish airlines

I do not fly with them often because our loyalty program is with another carrier, but I have never had a poor experience. I am very impressed with the service on the flight. Food and service are much better than US carriers.

I have had some small problems booking from the US. For some reason I have difficulty finding customer service people who speak English. Online reservation system works well.

If you have a good price for your flight I would certainly take them. My experiences have been excellent.

10. Re: turkish airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 April 2012, 10:35