We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
447 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

I was told some time ago that the Holideck Lounge at Terminal 4 was closing at the end of June. When I rang my airline to confirm my booking for October I was informed that the lounge had re-opened however I cannot find any information confirming this on the internet. Does anyone know the present situation?

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

Hello

I emailed BAA direct about the lounge situation and they confirmed that it is closed

Reply from BAA on July 12th:

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately BAA no longer has lounge facilities at Terminal 4 and there is no replacement planned in the near future.

--

It also appears that they havent teamed up with any other lounges to offer a replacement service

reply from BAA on 15th July:

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately I do not have any information on other lounges available. I can only recommend that you contact your Airline to see if they offer their own lounge to passengers.

Please contact me if I can be of any further help.

--

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

I used to use it as part of the Priority Pass programme but I notice they don't now list it. Also you can't book it on the Holiday Extras site and you used to be able to.

There is a web link which says it's open:

http://www.cobaltgs.com/holideck/

but this may be out of date

Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
447 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

It seems to be a disgraceful waste of facilities. It was a superb lounge offering excellent food etc and newly re-furbished at, I should imagine, considerable cost

southampton
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

how annoying i have been trying to book a lounge for weeks from terminal 4 and cant seem to book one now i find out there isnt one.

please let me know if they open one before november thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

I, on the other hand, felt that the Holideck lounge was one of the worst, tackiest, cramped lounges anywhere. There is another lounge in T4... the SkyTeam lounge. That is a pretty good one.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

It seems to be a disgraceful waste of facilities.

Although the rent from BAA was probably astronomical. Never went there myself (never needed it as a BA flyer) but heard it had good views of 27L/09R.

Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
447 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

I have read about the Skyteam Lounge and it looks just like the Holideck! Apparently it is for Air France, KlM and other airlines such as Kenya Airways (who I am flying with) but I wont know until I get there on 1st October. Some say the Holideck was cramped well I went up to the second floor and there were very few people there at the time I was in and the food was excellent.

southampton
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

i cant seem to find any website for this sky lounge is it still in operation

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

Hi We are travelling from Terminal 4 on 3 December, did you have any joy when you travelled with booking the lounge, i cant find any booking information on the web to date.

kind regards

Fiona

Edited: 13 November 2011, 17:24
Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
447 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heathrow Terminal 4 Lounge

Skyteam have a very good lounge at Terminal 4, however it is only for those flying 1st class on certain airlines, e.g. KLM, Kenya Airways I dont think you can book unless you are 1st class but you can always ask!