We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Booked my flights on RED TAG VACATIONS on-line site. Received email confirmation including dates, times, flights numbers, etc. Final tickets to come 14 days before travel. Find out 10 days later that my booking was cancelled. No call back from RED TAG VACATIONS. Supposedly an email was sent advising of cancellation. No email received. No, it did not go into Junk/Spam folder. Check that daily. No one at RED TAG VACATIONS can explain what happened or why!! Spoke to 3 different people there. No explanations avaiable. Have left voicemail for the manager. Waiting for call back. Two weeks to departure date and I am left stranded. Or book last minute at higher prices!!!! Not a good customer/business service from RED TAG VACATIONS!!!! Way to go RED TAG VACATIONS... NOT!!!

Mahmud

112 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,779 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Would need more information before commenting further but another example of why I always prefer to book direct with the airline/hotel rather than via a 3rd party site.

TomC

2. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 June 2012, 10:05

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Funny ^^^

Another option is the YellowDotsLastChance Tours.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Thanks for the warning. Welcome to the forum. I hope you will stick around and discuss things.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

For the jokers on the board, the OP is referring to travel agency in Canada--they are well known in Canada and considered reputable. I would never put them in the category of the "fly by night" websites that most people end up complaining about.

To the OP-was this a package tour or regular airline tickets?

Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

This was for regular airline tickets. RED TAG VACATIONS is popular in Canada. But in the situation I am reporting, every one in RED TAG VACATIONS is ignoring my request for reasons why RED TAG VACATIONS cancelled my booking. Including the customer service manager who is too busy in and out of meetings to provide a response to my issue!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Mahmud D--that is inexcusable behaviour.. I think you should elevate your request as high as you can.

I don't mind certain Canadian web/site travel agencies for package vacations, but for regular air line tickets, I would normally buy direct from the airline. I do deal with one travel agency for very specific purposes (Rail passes), but they have a physical location with real employees..if there ever was a problem, I could go to their office to get it resolved.

Have you checked with the airline to see if your flight actually was cancelled, or do you see it as incompetence on the part of Red Tag?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Did the charges clear your credit card? Usually, the airline ticket number shows up on your credit card statement under the charge. If there was no charge, maybe it never went through, and thus, your booking was cancelled. Just a thought.

Edited: 21 August 2011, 17:55
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

I wish I found this blog earlier. I just discovered that Red Tag is absolutely useless. Long story...but if you want to make sure the details are correct, go through Westjet insterad of Red Tag. I'm now stuck on a red eye flight i didn't ask for and will have to drag our bags oround Maui for 10 hours waiting for it. The prices are lower and they can actually help you make changes without the excuses yo get from Red Tag. I will never use them again!

Mississauga, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

WORST COMPANY EVER!!!! DO NOT BOOK WITH RED TAG!! I paid for an oceanview room for my husband and I for our anniversary trip, paid the extra amount as opposed to the standard rooms at a resort in Cuba. The horrible booking travel agent there put us in a room with the view of the back of the washroom at the pool!! I was soo pissed! Wrote a long letter to Red Tag and talked to the manager who was no help whatsoever! Worst customer service, worst travel agency, and the most crooked travel agent you can imagine. Don't deal with Adrienne, automatically hang up the phone! Spread the word to family and friends, not a good travel agency at all. They won't return my money even though I have the receipt that shows I paid for the oceanview room. It ruined our trip and the surprise for my husband!

Reply to: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted