We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smartwings vs easyjet

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
smartwings vs easyjet

Hi, about to visit Prague for the first time and then fly Prague-Paris. The cheap ticket choice is between SmartWings (cheapest) and Easyjet. Anyone know which is better - or less worse?

Thanks,

Pas

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

Both are equally horrible,but for an hour who cares.Easyjet will get you there without problems if you follow their rules.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

Let's hope Smartwings will too - it's a bit cheaper given free luggage.

Thanks for your reply.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

Haven't flown smartwings but I really like Easyjet have flown them 4 times now and flight has always been good even in stormy conditions. They sometimes are late to take off (only from Paris for us though) but that didn't fuss us as we were on a European holiday for a couple of months so weren't really in a hurry :D

One thing I did like is that your carryon had no weight restrictions so you could cram all your heavy stuff in that and keep your checked in to about 20kgs. They are strict with these things but most airlines are these days. Have a great trip

Edited: 18 December 2011, 05:45
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,895 posts
1,773 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

Not been on Smartwings but been on Easyjet a few times and they are one of the better low cost airlines.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

I know nothing whatsoever about Smartwings, but EZY are a decent, reliable airline - a marked step up from the worst LCCs.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

hey, has anyone ever been on Smartwings? I'm begining to wonder if they're flying!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

Quick look on the Smartwings site shows that all flights {unless I missed one} are between Czech Republic and their destinations. No flights from one of their destinations to another which may explain the lack of Smartwings "knowledge". Also unless their flight map is missing some detail they don't fly to any UK airports.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

I have booked a flight with Smartwings and a week later got an email saying that they had to cancel the flight and

"SmartWings will send back the whole amount for cancelled flight to the credit card which was used for the payment within several business days."

I still didn't get the money back and am a bit worried about this.

Thanks for everyone about the comments, it helped me not choose this carrier again.

Sydney
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

Hi,

Don't know about the latest post, but I started this string and ended up flying very happily with Smartwings Prague-Paris on January 7. Flight left on time, service fine and they didn't weigh our cabin luggage. Seat pitch was OK as well - I'm 190 cm (6ft 3 in)

Regards,

Pas

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: smartwings vs easyjet

After several email requests and a month later, Smartwings have sent me an email showing, they have refunded the amount in Euros. I have noticed, the credit card details they have refunded the money to was not mine, so I checked the initial booking I have made on the Jetabroad website and realised it is the same card detail they have used.

From this point is all about Jetabroad

I contacted Jetabroad, first they said they don't know about this cancellation and they will "check with Management". Then they wrote to me they will do the refund on Friday (this was on Tuesday, April 3rd), since it was public holiday, the refund didn't happen so I contacted them again and the reply said it will happen on Tuesday, but might take 24-48 hrs to show up on my statement.

Finally, today (Thursday) I saw a credit from Jetabroad and it was $15.38 less than the amount they initially charged me. I asked them, that I expect them to pay the full amount since I paid for a service I didn't get. Jetabroad's reply was explaining that this is their non-refundable booking fee (I can check their terms and conditions).

The shocking thing is, that on the original booking just above the total it says "Booking Fee $0.00".

All up, I found this whole procedure a nightmare. I ended up booking directly with easyJet to avoid the same traps and I hope they are not going to put me through the same show. I also hope there will be others who can learn from my case and book directly with the carrier.