We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Could everyone please post any updates they’ve received from Air Asia with regards to receiving their refunds or receiving their alternative flight plans.

And thanks for keeping this post friendly and informative, it will be nice to hear what stage people are up to with their flights or refunds. Cheers!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

p.s. I am still waiting for ours and it's exactly 2 weeks today from when I cancelled so fingers crossed.

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Thanks Coco...........I was just coming on to do exactly this!!! LOL

Please guys keep with one friendly with only UPDATES on where you are up to with progress from AA

Thanks!!!

Townsville...
Level Contributor
586 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

I originally opted for option 3 (transfer to another carrier) however don't do limbo well, so last night phoned for a full refund of all legs. The lady was so lovely and advised it will take up to 2 weeks to process. I'm hoping they can give me written confirmation of the cancellation in the meantime (I requested) just to put my mind at rest that the whole Australia - Paris leg has been cancelled and will be refunded, as we're booking with another carrier out of Australia.

As the other thread was shut down, can we please not post any personal comments, just updates, as we all want to see how everyone else is going with their carrier changes and refunds. We're all in the same boat and this is a great place for us to keep updated.

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
268 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Still nothing here.

I opted for a MAS flight but nothing as yet. Sent the email back to AAX a week ago. Getting very frustrated, not sure whether to ask for a refund , but I suspect thats what AAX want as its easier for them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

I got my refund, took approximately 9 business days to hit my credit card.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Redned - Great minds think alike lol :-)

skeeo - That's fantastic news! Have been waiting for news like yours to come through, yours is the first refund I've read of. I'm very glad to hear AA did the right thing by you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Yiippeee just checked my credit card and got my refund last night!!!!! It's probably taken about 9 business days too.

Overall, even though I was initially shocked and upset, I was very satisfied with their customer service from when I rang them for a refund and equally satisfied with the length of time it took for our refund to come through. I was expecting worse case scenario so I'm very relieved it didn't happen.

Good luck to everyone getting your flights or refund!

Cheers Coco

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Thats great news Coco............I actually sent them a letter last night asking them to get a wriggle on as my CC company advised that it doesnt need to take that long.

I also asked them for the letter of suspension that others have received with their emails offering them alternative flights which is for your Travel insurance and a confirmation of my refund request as I had not received either...guess I now just have to wait for the response!!!

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Yahoooo!!!!!!!!! i just checked my bank and the money is back.....minus the international transaction and interest of course LOL only 7 working days!!!!

Now to just wait for the Suspension of flight letter and I will ask the bank to reinstate the bank charges and the Insurance to cover the cost of extra on flights..........will let you know how i go

Australia
Level Contributor
268 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia Updates Info - please post here!!

Hi Redned

I am starting to think that I should cancel also and rebook myself. Will insurance cover that do you think? I have been reticent to ask for a refund as I only need a return cancelled and am worried they will cancel the lot!