We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing flight changes

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sunwing flight changes

I'm flying with sunwing next week to Varadero, Cuba. As of right now my flight is scheduled to leave at 8:50pm on the 16th. I have read they are notorious for changing the flight time at the last minute. Is this really a common occourance with Sunwing? Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing flight changes

It varies. I have traveled with Sunwing a few times now, and it seems to be 50/50. If they are going to reschedule it, they usually do it a day for two before you leave.

Very annoying.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing flight changes

Ok thanks. I will keep my eye on it. My flight is at night as it is. I would be happy if they made it earlier but definitely not later. I depart at 8:50pm.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing flight changes

When I went to Mexico in November my flight was scheduled to leave at 3:30pm, and they switched it to 7am.

I wasn't too upset as it added some extra time in the sun!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing flight changes

Wow nice! When did they notify you of the change?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing flight changes

I believe I left on a Friday and they emailed me on Tuesday.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing flight changes

Ok great! Thanks for the info Zak. I leave this coming Friday so I'm sure if there's a change I'll know in a few days.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing flight changes

I won't fly or travel with Sunwing again and the reason is too many delays.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing flight changes

MapleG what was your experience with them?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing flight changes

My experience was checking prior to departure that flight was on time. Arriving at airport 3 hours before departure only to find there was an additional 6 hour delay. No explanation given (not that it really matters, a delay is a delay), but I found it rather incompetent of them not to advise earlier that the flight had been delayed. Would have saved me 6 hours of hanging around the airport had I known.

Plane journey itself--cramped plane, tight seats. Also they nickel and dime you...eg departure tax from Dominican Republic..others include it in the package price, not them, etc.

Coming back home, additional delays, again not very well communicated to the passengers.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 13:18
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing flight changes

Wow that's horrible! I hope my experience isn't like that. I will definitely come back here and tell you how it went.