We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eva Air info

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Topic
Eva Air info

Hi, we will be travelling on eva air (economy)from London to Thailand just wondering what the service is like? I.e the food, is it ok? do they offer snacks in between meals too?

Drinks, are drinks inc alcohol included?

I have heard Eva isnt going to be as nice as Singapore airlines.

Also we have booked our flights with accomodation with a TA, if possible how would we go about increading our luggage allowence?

Many thanks in advance

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,175 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eva Air info

It certainly isn't as nice as Singapore Airlines,mind 99% of World airlines aren't as good as the "best".

Eva air are classed as a 4 Star airline -here are the reviews

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/eva.htm

And they do serve alcohol.

Contact the airline direct through their web site for luggage information.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eva Air info

I've gone long haul with Eva before, and was very well satisfied. Eva is a well run airline that is especially kind to passengers. They will email you a few days before your flight with interesting and useful information - no other airline even bothers. Economy class is just basic but comfortable - good food (better than Air France) and new planes. I also think that Eva has one of the very best consumer oriented websites - good promos and sales (FF members get special prices). You can't get much better unless you opt for 5* (Singapore or Asiana).

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,566 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eva Air info

Hi,

I'll agree with the others.. EVA Air (BR) is one of those "I've never heard of them" airlines.. Partly as they are rather new in the industry-- dating back to only 1989.. That and the fact that they don't run a overly large operation when compared to other more well known airlines.. Some recognize their colors or logo from the larger parent entity-- Evergreen Group-- of which their ocean shipping arm, Evergreen Marine, is a global powerhouse.

But in that short time frame they've really been a game-changer for those going to/from/via TPE and been a catalyst to pushing their much older TPE-based competitor, China Airlines-- to step up their game..

EVA doesn't run the largest fleet, but what they do run is all current-generation aircraft, with the B777-300 now being the backbone of their international operations.. They do have and still use some older B747-400's, but most have been either sold off, or converted into all-cargo models and now fly for EVA Cargo.

The are also one of the few airlines who have a formal Premium Economy cabin-- a true step from Economy, but not a true Business cabin either.. On the B777, it's called Elite Class and is a popular alternative to Business...

I've flown BR plenty of times.. mostly to/from BKK and TPE, but also TPE to SFO/LAX and SEA.. and these routes are now (for the most part) B777-300 equipment-- just like it is on their LHR-BKK service.

As far as the service side.. I'd compare it favorably to that of most Asian carriers- in that it's well scripted (it runs on a set timetable) and is prompt and professional in delivery..

As one might expect, their menu-- entrees-- tends to lean towards the Asian/Chinese influence.. but again, they are a Taiwan/ROC based carrier, so I'd naturally expect this.. Of course, they DO have western entrees as well.

Drinks are all free as is the liquor..

On the hard-product side, their B777-300's have a very good in-seat IFE system.. not as good as SQ or CX, who are seen as the leaders in that area, but still a very good system with more than ample offerings for most people.

3rd party sites report that their seating space (leg room) is 33in.. and my experience is that this is true... This 33in puts them on the "better than average" range with 32in being about the average for full-fare carriers on long-haul aircraft. While one inch may not seem like a lot, when you're flying long-haul and with a average of 32in, anything more becomes noticeable to most.

All things considered, I'd have no issues recommending BR as they run a modern fleet, and have full services both on-board and on the ground.. I think the odds are very good you'd have a good ride with them.

Travel Safe,

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eva Air info

Eva even remembers my birthday each and every year

5. Re: Eva Air info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:41