We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Onur Air.

Stowmarket
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Onur Air.

Limited information on website regarding type of aircraft allocated to specified routes.

Any information would be welcome in respect of flights from London Stansted to Ercan (N Cyprus) in May 2012.

In particular, Type of aircraft and seating information including pitch. No details on seat guru.

Regards, Peter C

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,897 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Onur Air.

You'd probably get an answer over on the Turkey forum - that airline is just too small to get much notice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Onur Air.

I used to work for a company that chartered onur aircraft, don't have any specific info but most of there fleet are very old 737s. I personally wouldn't fly with them and I'm happy on Ryanair, Easyjet etc. lots of old horror stories one in particular involved the loss of canine pressure and the CC started shouting and praying rather than giving any sort or instructions / reassurances.

Sorry if it seems like I'm scaremongering but honestly if I were you, I'd find an alternative.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Onur Air.

Sorry cabin pressure, not canine pressure, that would be weird.

Stowmarket
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Onur Air.

Thanks for the info. Will try the Turkish site to see what transpires.

Regarding flights, I have established that 'fleet' consists of almost entirely Airbus aircraft with an average age of 14.5 years.

Note the comments re. Ryanair/Easyjet however I refuse to use these airlines due to invidious 'additional' charges made to basic fares.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Onur Air.

there fleet are very old 737s

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally wrong. Onur never had a &#& in their fleet. Is the rest of your information of same quality?

Onur is mainly a charter airline, so expect seat pitch to be on par with e.g. Monarch.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Onur Air.

I flew with onur air about 4 years ago, heard horror stories but was pleasantly surprised didn't have any probs and if needed would use again

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Onur Air.

I flew with onur air about 4 years ago, heard horror stories but was pleasantly surprised didn't have any probs and if needed would use again. Aircraft used on the flight was airbus a321

Stowmarket
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Onur Air.

Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like an Airbus A321? Seat pitch I assume will be typical charter dimensions so not expecting too much space.

Flight included in a good value package so will accept the limitations.

Regards, Peter C

Devon
Level Contributor
348 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Onur Air.

Beware of the on board catering, very expensive! Or at least it was when I last flew with them before the collapse of Aegean Flights.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Onur Air.

Onur air also used to be very notorious for cancellations and late flights. I once had a flight cancelled at short notice and had booked all individual flights, hotel transfers etc. I was lucky enough that my step daughter is a travel agent and managed to source me flights the same day, albeit from Glasgow instead of Edinburgh airports, I then had to swop airport parking, and contact transfer company etc, but eventually luckily for me it ended up ok, with very little extra cost, could have been a lot worse.

Have had delays with them in the past for several hours coming back from Turkey as well. Dont think you can book their flights only from the uk nowadays, but I would be very wary about using them again. Stick to the likes of easyjet is good advice.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 18:28